X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 26, 1986 46 to 10

The NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 10

Chicago Bears 46

The Patriots are blown out by 36 points in their first Super Bowl appearance.

John S.

Guys, Guys, Guys; Tweedle De, and Tweedle DUM, have already told us, and told us, and told us, and told us, and told us, (how many times?), that malarkey like this is in VERY bad taste.

...and those guys, especially the kind instigator of all this, MUST be a real expert on bad taste; yes?

...and no, this vent of mine is NOT an anti Patriots.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays, to all.

Comment

skyway: I kind of take it must be upset about something. Now let me vent your post chased off a fellow who made a post in this thread and deleted
      the post I fear after reading your post. In that he stated he had attended the 1963 AFL Championship Game in San Diego on January 5th 1964. The San Diego Chargers against the Boston Patriots in which the Chargers won thus being the AFL champs for 1963 season. He had stated he sat behind the Chargers bench during the game. There are several questions that I would like to have ask him being that I am an old AFL fan from my youth. I remember liking the New York Jets and thinking Joe Namath was Mr. Cool. This could have turned into a very interesting thread.

I hope that fellow will send me a PM

John S.

Comment

I love the Patriots (tastefully) and remember that game. While I wasn't happy with the outcome (or Tony Eason's play), I did win a square worth $600 when the Bears kicked a field goal at the end of the half for a 13-3 lead. The Pats may have lost, but I won... :-)
        Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

In that Superbowl, one of the funnier moments in NFL history happened...
          Somewhere around the 20 yard line the Bears ran a handoff to walter Payton and they stacked up at the line of scrimmage.
          Refrigerator Perry grabbed Walter Payton and threw Payton over the pile of lineman.
          Flags flew right and left, and everybody was laughing their butts off.
          Perry just had his silly grin on....
          Yeah, 'Da Bears' were a one year wonder... But that was their year....
          RIP Walter 'Sweetness' Payton...

BTW... Walter Payton owned a nightclub on Golf Road by Meacham Road in Schamburg called 'Studebakers'..
          I spent a few long evenings there...

Here's that game with ESPN commentary....

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I got to meet Walter Payton at the Detroit Grand Prix. He was retired and driving a Trans Am car. A good driver and an extremely nice man.
            Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

John S,

My apologies to you and the other gentleman, and to any one else that I may have offended.
              You are correct; my post yesterday was inappropriate and wrongheaded.
              It will not happen again.
              By way of explanation (but not as an excuse), it was my feeble attempt to make fun of two other guys in other threads, with who's tone I had grown increasingly frustrated.
              Again, my sincerely apology.

Gary K

Comment

Skyway: There was no need for any kind of apology and I was not offended in any way.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you
                John S.

Comment

Originally posted by Packard53 View Post
                  The NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 10

Chicago Bears 46

The Patriots are blown out by 36 points in their first Super Bowl appearance.

John S.
                  Here in New England in 1986, we wildly celebrated the PATRIOTS making it to the Superbowl for the FIRST TIME.

You know guys, it takes quite a few WINS to make it that far in the NFL!

But, of course, no one here will mention that!

Anyway, doing my best to overlook silly comments, I want to wish you all a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Comment

The Patriot teams of the late '70's were better teams than that '85 team. Of course those teams had to deal with the Steelers, Raiders and Broncos of the time. The '85 team was just fortunate.
                    Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

September 15, 1985 Soldiers Field Chicago
                      Chicago Bears 20
                      New England Patriots 7

That season the Bears lit the Patriots defense up like a Christmas Tree for 66 points in two games while scoring 17 points in the two games.
                      John S.

Comment

September 15, 1985 Soldiers Field Chicago
                        Chicago Bears 20
                        New England Patriots 7

That season the Bears lit the Patriots defense up like a Christmas Tree for 66 points in two games while scoring 17 points in the two games.
                        John S.
                        Well that's really an interesting HISTORY lesson John, but how are the Bears doing THIS season?

Comment

Originally posted by Swifster View Post
                          The Patriot teams of the late '70's were better teams than that '85 team. Of course those teams had to deal with the Steelers, Raiders and Broncos of the time. The '85 team was just fortunate.
                          Yes, I guess the '85 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS just fortunated (is that a word?) their way into the SUPERBOWL that year!!

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                            Well that's really an interesting HISTORY lesson John, but how are the Bears doing THIS season?
                            If you are a true NFL fan then you should already know how the Bears are doing this season with out asking me.

John S.

Comment

If you are a true NFL fan then you should already know how the Bears are doing this season with out asking me.

John S.
                              Hmmm!...I believe the Chicago Bears have 6 wins and 8 losses so far this season........The NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS have 12 wins and 2 losses

Enough said John?

Comment

Working...
                              X