Rear shock applications ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear shock applications ?

I have a pair of n.o.s. shocks # 1545052 "they're marked 59 - 62" Lark + Hawk, will these fit 63 - 66 Larks/Lark types or were some changes made to the Chassis ?
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Rear shocks were changed in 1963 to lower stud mount. 1962 and earlier were loop mount on bottom. (Or maybe "bushing and sleeve" would be a better description according to my Monroe catalog. A loop mount is technically a rubber bushing that doesn't use an inner sleeve.). No matter what, '63 and later are very different.
    Last edited by Studebakercenteroforegon; 12-15-2015, 07:11 PM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

So the lower end of the later rear shocks are the same as the lower end of front shocks from the same era. "thanks for the info"

Originally posted by Studebakercenteroforegon View Post
      Rear shocks were changed in 1963 to lower stud mount. 1962 and earlier were loop mount on bottom. (Or maybe "bushing and sleeve" would be a better description according to my Monroe catalog. A loop mount is technically a rubber bushing that doesn't use an inner sleeve.). No matter what, '63 and later are very different.
      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
        So the lower end of the later rear shocks are the same as the lower end of front shocks from the same era. "thanks for the info"
        No, that is not correct. The lower rear shock mount is a stud mount or a "stem" mount in Monroe language. The front shocks as used on '57 - '66 passenger cars is a "cross pin mount" on the lower. The front upper is a stem mount, however.

Comment

Working...
        X