Hemmings Classic Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hemmings Classic Car

Just received my latest issue and noticed that our Bob Palma is not listed on the masthead as a contributing writer. What's up Bob?
    Peter Bishop

That is a rotating assignment, I believe. If I recall correctly, that space is shared by three columnists.
    ~Matt Connor
    '59 Lark 2-door

Comment

Really enjoy the content of HCC - really broad range of articles and they look at a great range of cars - from the cheapest two-door sedan to the nicest high end vehicle from back in the day. And it doesn't hurt they always find room for our favorite brand as well...

Comment

Bob will be back.... we hope...
        One never can get rid of that guy, and we are better off because of that fact.

Comment

I do like the photo of the '48ish Champion pulling an Airstream trailer(!), it ALMOST makes up for Bob not having an article.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterHawk View Post
            Just received my latest issue and noticed that our Bob Palma is not listed on the masthead as a contributing writer. What's up Bob?
            "No problem," Peter; everything is normal. You may not have noticed previously, but my name is listed as a contributor only in the issues in which my column appears, which are March, June, September, and December each year. What Matt Conner said in Post #2 is correct; I rotate with Walt Gosden and Dave Schultz.

I've already signed off on the Page Proof for my next column, which will appear in the March 2016 Hemmings Classic Car. You probably just received the February 2016 issue, so the March issue, with my column, will be in your mailbox mid-January; the next issue you receive.

Thanks for your concern.

(I can also give you a Preview of Coming Attractions: I was asked to review a major DriveReport that will appear in the March issue, that of a 1958 Packard Hawk. Senior Staff Writer Thomas DeMauro, the article's writer, and I corresponded at length to make sure it was "good to go." It looks real nice. BP
            Last edited by BobPalma; 12-16-2015, 04:31 AM. Reason: added Preview item
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
            X