Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '37 Dictator Coupe Brake Lights

Well here we go.............

Does anyone know where I can find a set?

I don't have all the manuals yet so I don't know why some of the cars were built without them.

Thanks,

Steve
    Never raise your hands to your children, it leaves your groin unprotected.- Red Buttons

'63 Avanti R2
    '14 Boxster
    '64 GT Hawk R1 JT
    '37 Dictator Coupe
    '37 Dictator Coupe "slight custom"

All cars of that vintage had brake lights, or at least one brake light. If you don't have any, something is wrong, most likely the brake light switch.
    Skip Lackie

Comment

Sorry about that. Yes one on the left side and the gas fill on the right side. I guess I will leave it at that.
      Never raise your hands to your children, it leaves your groin unprotected.- Red Buttons

'63 Avanti R2
      '14 Boxster
      '64 GT Hawk R1 JT
      '37 Dictator Coupe
      '37 Dictator Coupe "slight custom"

Comment

I noticed in the pictures that you posted that the car only had the standard left side taillight housing. Many of these cars when new we're so equipped. The right side was an option. These days most folks put the right side taillight on their restoration, so it is unusual to see one as it came from the factory. (Hmm...Is this where I should go into my rant about wide whitewall tires and how many cars were delivered new with them back in those frugal times?). Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tomlewis View Post
          /Cut/(Hmm...Is this where I should go into my rant about wide whitewall tires and how many cars were delivered new with them back in those frugal times?). Tom
          No Tom you don't have to, I WILL!

The way I remember it, in Auto City: Los Angeles Area, EVERYBODY wanted and most HAD Whitewall Tires!
          A Car looked so plain and cheap without them and in those days a Car was truly a representation of WHO you were!

You wanted a GOOD looking Car, it was a serious Vanity thing, so no one would be caught Dead with cheap A$$ Blackwalls except the Government Vehicles, Police, Fire and also Commercial Vehicles and Taxis who had NO choice.

The Govm't. Agencies would get a lot of flack for WASTING Taxpayer Money on extravidences like Wheelcovers and Whitewalls, heaven forbid an A/C Unit or a AM Monoral Radio, or Clock!
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
          X