Got TAKEN for $450

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got TAKEN for $450

Arranged with *********** in Galena, MO to transport my Sky Hawk and all the spare parts/body panels to Upstate, NY. Was suppose to be delivered Dec 5th...no show. Claimed his drive shaft needed to be replaced. Rescheduled for Dec 12th...no show, no answer to phone calls, no explanation. I sent half ($450) up front, the other half ($450) upon delivery. I CAN'T Ship by regular Transport, due to all the extra parts. I'm out of ideas, and the weather is going to close in. Shame on me!...
    Last edited by showbizkid; 12-16-2015, 11:12 AM. Reason: Name removed

what about your car and parts?

Comment

Originally posted by 345 DeSoto View Post
      Arranged with ************* in Galena, MO to transport my Sky Hawk and all the spare parts/body panels to Upstate, NY. Was suppose to be delivered Dec 5th...no show. Claimed his drive shaft needed to be replaced. Rescheduled for Dec 12th...no show, no answer to phone calls, no explanation. I sent half ($450) up front, the other half ($450) upon delivery. I CAN'T Ship by regular Transport, due to all the extra parts. I'm out of ideas, and the weather is going to close in. Shame on me!...
      How did you pay him?
      Last edited by showbizkid; 12-16-2015, 11:12 AM. Reason: Name removed

Comment

Tell us more about him so we will avoid him.
        How did you contact him?
        Maybe a Missouri chapter member can check on him and find out
        if he is a crook.

Comment

think i'd try the sheriff's office... it could also be considered mail fraud if paid by the mail. \
          Turn up the heat and see what happens.

Comment

UPDATE - Supposedly the guy's in the hospital with chest pains! His son sent me an email and said that he had chest pains and went to the hospital. We'll see what we shall see...

Comment

Does anyone from Missouri chapters care to help or know anything about Harvy Hill?

Comment

Anybody in Missouri headed to/through NY for Christmas that could move this car for him? Steve
                sigpic

Comment

He now doesn't have the coin for fuel.

I'd move on.

It's sad he is having medical problems, but it seems the the whole deal got started on the wrong foot.

He accepted a deposit from you when he had broken equipment.

Look at it this way. What if he had medical problems with your car in his possession?

You probably got off cheap.

The time frame for your contracted services has been broken, the deal is off.

If this guy is any kind of decent businessman he will refund your deposit. (I am betting he doesn't)

I may be wrong but there are too many red flags waiving.

Time to move on.

IF HE HAS YOUR CAR YOU NEED TO RECOVER IT POST HASTE.
                  THINK SERIOUSLY ABOUT REPORTING IT STOLEN!

I would rent a truck and trailer and be there in hours to recover the car.
                  The longer you wait the more chance there is for a bad ending.

Comment

Where ia your Skyhawk?
                    Does ****** have it or are you still waiting for Harvy to pick it up at your place?
                    Last edited by showbizkid; 12-16-2015, 11:13 AM. Reason: Name removeal

Comment

The Sky Hawk is still sitting in the Shop in Branson...as far as I know. The little old lady is 83, and her Grandson is else where. But I DO have the Title...for all the good it's doing me. I'm in FL, and the Hawk is going to Upstate NY...otherwise, I would have done it myself...
                      Last edited by 345 DeSoto; 12-14-2015, 06:58 AM.

Comment

You know, there are a lot of accusations being made here, and precious little evidence of anything criminal having been done. Seems to me the best thing in this case would be to find an SDC member in Missouri who could go to the site where the car is supposed to be, and take pictures. And meet with Harry and/or his son. And at least offer to pay expenses to said SDC member.
                        Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

The numbers may add up if the Hawk was only part of his load most of the way and/or if he had a load going the other way/return and he was not just making a dedicated run for the Hawk, as per Wittsend's calculations.
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

That's not that long of a wait so far - give the guy a break ..... Or as the gangstas say -- do him a solid ......

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                              The numbers may add up if the Hawk was only part of his load most of the way and/or if he had a load going the other way/return and he was not just making a dedicated run for the Hawk, as per Wittsend's calculations.
                              And he could very well be waiting for a 'return load' before departing with the Hawk, though he should be offering a two-tier price and state he would have to wait for a return load to obtain the lower price.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X