Christmas - A Time of Joy and Sadness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas - A Time of Joy and Sadness

For most of us, December brings Christmas and a time of Joy and Giving. But for others it brings sadness.

In the Studebaker world, it was just a few days ago on December 9th, that we remember the 52nd anniversary of the day when so many family lives were affected in South Bend when the announcement was made that Studebaker would close after 111 years. Christmas was certainly not a time for celebrating that year.

Back here in Hamilton, Canada, the local television station, CHCH-TV Channel 11, filed for bankruptcy two days ago and terminated every employee; some of whom had spent their entire lives working there. On a bright note, in a weekend attempt to reorganize, a number of staff were offered an opportunity to continue, but many will now face a gloomy future. National advertising revenues are down and the costs of producing local news and community content are skyrocketing.

Consumer buying patterns affected Studebaker in 1963, and now in the Canadian home of Studebaker, history is repeating itself.

Stu Chapman

I wonder if a forensic audit was done if all is on the up & up to be sure the executives are suffering as well as the staff.
    I do not trust the CEO's in these matters.

Comment

Ya, good luck with that !!!

Originally posted by kmul221 View Post
      I wonder if a forensic audit was done if all is on the up & up to be sure the executives are suffering as well as the staff.
      I do not trust the CEO's in these matters.
      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

I remember very well the newscast covering Studebaker 's South Bend closing. It's like the other terrible days etched into your memory. Pearl Harbor, JFK, and 911.
        sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
        Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
        "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Working...
        X