64 Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 Hawk

This CL posting is a little confusing to me, check it out.http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/5351486140.html

What is confusing? Looks like a 64 to me.
    It is an addiction!

Comment

Originally posted by jbwhttail View Post
      What is confusing? Looks like a 64 to me.
      Says its automatic for one thing.

Comment

Looks like 3 spd manual?? A surprising choice for that car.
        Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
        50 Champion 2 door*
        53 Commander K Auto*
        53 Commander K overdrive*
        55 President Speedster
        62 GT 4Speed*
        63 Avanti R1*
        64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Yeah, it says auto, but it sher as shootin has 3 pedals and an OD handle under the dash. This would be an extremely fun car to drive. Cruizin on the highway at 75 without revvin the engine too high. Quite a nice package on this car. And unusual to have OD on a GT.
          sals54

Comment

Very nice full dash disc brake car, albeit with optimistic asking. A plus; its got the original knockoff wire wheels

Jack vines
            Last edited by PackardV8; 12-09-2015, 12:41 PM.
            PackardV8

Comment

For that price, it seems like he could get the name of the model correct. He could copy it off the doors or the plate on the front.

I wonder what that number listed as a "VIN" is.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Not original regarding the wire wheels. Borannis were offered in that era but the wheels on the car are Zenith from the 70's or 80's. With Borannis, the knockoff registers to a male taper on the nose of the hub, Zenith (as well as Dayton) went to a female taper. Judging by the shape of the hub, not Dayton but Zenith most likely.

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                  For that price, it seems like he could get the name of the model correct. He could copy it off the doors or the plate on the front.

I wonder what that number listed as a "VIN" is.
                  Thanks Gary, I was looking at them chrome valve covers, makes one wonder what this car really is.

Mark

Comment

Looks to have 3 sp and over drive but still a nice looking car. Most flippers don't know what they are talking about when it comes to Studebakers

Comment

And please note that it is properly painted Satin Black behind the grille mesh and thus not showing an offensive white band at the lower grille area.

Comment

Those seat inserts look like cloth to me...I didn't think that was a 64 option?
                        Lou Van Anne
                        62 Champ
                        64 R2 GT Hawk
                        79 Avanti II

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Van Anne View Post
                          No, cloth was standard. But it should have the thin silver mylar threads similar to what a same-year Cruiser has in the material.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Van Anne View Post
                            no,cloth inserts were standard with all vinal an option I would call this a dfh (damn fine Hawk)...chrome valve covers would be part of the optional engine dress up kit, which I believe also included the chrome dip stick..The air cleaner is incorrectly chromed...Your also right about the overdrive option being great in a GT as I have had one for years...dfh

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                              No, cloth was standard. But it should have the thin silver mylar threads similar to what a same-year Cruiser has in the material.

Craig
                              I stand corrected, you are right.
                              Lou Van Anne
                              62 Champ
                              64 R2 GT Hawk
                              79 Avanti II

Comment

Working...
                              X