Looking for nice '63 Cruiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for nice '63 Cruiser

Hi...if any fellow SDC members might know where I could possibly find a 1963 Lark Cruiser? Not looking for a show queen, but a nice original or solidly restored driver with pride type. Automatic and P/S are a must due to our advancing years. feel free to contact me 513-460-3526 or jnorris@linkageconnecr.com thanks Jim

quick correction to email... should be jnorris@linkageconnect.com thx

Comment

64 in turning wheels December issue.

Dean

Comment

Welcome to the SDC and to the SDC Forum Jim.

Be aware that we do most of our Contacts/Responses through the Forum PM System (Private Messages) or right here on the Forum.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by dean pearson View Post
          64 in turning wheels December issue.

Dean
          Thanks Dean...yes I saw that one.....we have a focus on a 1963. We had a 63 some years back and sold it to buy a 60 Lark ragtop, which we have never regretted the purchase, BUT we have regretted selling the 63 Cruiser.....now we want both !!

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            Welcome to the SDC and to the SDC Forum Jim.

Be aware that we do most of our Contacts/Responses through the Forum PM System (Private Messages) or right here on the Forum.
            Rich...thanks for the heads up.....a am kinda a rookie at this.....I will put a "wanted" ad in the next Turning Wheels also.....Jim

Comment

Check out Craig's List San Francisco....
              Lou Van Anne
              62 Champ
              64 R2 GT Hawk
              79 Avanti II

Comment

jnorris, I don't know this car, but, from the pictures and description, it sounds really nice to me.

Comment

There was one for sale in the Lima area about a year ago that looked very nice in the pictures. I will look to see if I may still have the contact information.

Comment

Depending on how nice you want your car to start as, this might be an option;

The car isn't mine and I have no stake in it nor can I speak to its condition.

Comment

Originally posted by studefan View Post
                      jnorris, I don't know this car, but, from the pictures and description, it sounds really nice to me.

https://fortwayne.craigslist.org/cto/5346067348.html
                      This is NOT a 1963 Cruiser (as desired).
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Yep, I was about to suggest that one also until I saw that the owner "Says" it has (the dreaded) Chevy. 327 and 350 THM Trans.

Those Valve Covers do look a lot Newer than '68 when the 327 was discontinued (I believe). I wonder if it is a belly button 350.

It does have a Aluminum "Street Dominator" Edelbrock Intake and a Holly 4 barrel Carb. and no Oil Filler Pipe in the Intake though, maybe why the valve Covers had to be changed.
                        Last edited by StudeRich; 12-08-2015, 07:33 PM.
                        StudeRich
                        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

OK, THIS one is the Nice looking Blue '63 Lark Custom a tick below a Cruiser, but with a Stick and 6 Cyl. it does not fit the bill:

Originally posted by studefan View Post
                          https://fortwayne.craigslist.org/cto/5346067348.html

And, THIS one is the Black '63 Cruiser with a Chev. Engine.
                          This thing would be quite Fast, but a serious Gas Hog:

Originally posted by spokejr View Post
                          Depending on how nice you want your car to start as, this might be an option;

The car isn't mine and I have no stake in it nor can I speak to its condition.
                          Last edited by StudeRich; 12-08-2015, 12:55 PM.
                          StudeRich
                          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by Guido View Post
                            There was one for sale in the Lima area about a year ago that looked very nice in the pictures. I will look to see if I may still have the contact information.
                            If you still have the contact info for the Lima car, I would welcome the "heads up"...thanks !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Van Anne View Post
                              Check out Craig's List San Francisco....
                              MY gosh....checked on this one....it's perfect, probably too perfect....at $18,500, I would be afraid to drive it.....if it had a realistic price I would be on that ONE.....thanks !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X