Value of Cathcart head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value of Cathcart head

I might have the opportunity to buy a never used, Cathcart aluminum head. But we both don't have an idea of its worth. I know it's worth what I am willing to pay, and what he is willing to sell for, but I'm looking for a fair market value. I cannot find that, or at least a range.

So what say you? What do you say is a fair market value?

Some of these flat head parts sell for more than I would have imagined a few years ago. Unless you are trying to flip it, you only have to be satisfied with the price. I would guess $250.00 to $300.00 for a new head, but it is only a guess.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Since they're temporarily unobtanium, I'd guess on eBay it would go for more like $300-500.

Of course, the day after you pay $500, someone will announce he's bought the patterns and is coming out with an improved version for $295.

jack vines
      PackardV8

Comment

In my mind, you and the seller have determined the fair market value, where it matters... between the two of you. If his asking price is reasonable to you, and selling it at that price makes him happy, you have answered your own question.

IMHO, if you decide to share with us what you paid for it, we will all know the fair market value of the item.
        sigpic
        Dave Lester

Comment

I believe these heads were made by Ben Ordas of Huntertown Indiana.
          Anyone ever heard from Ben lately?
          Robert Kapteyn
          studebaker@mac.com

Comment

Working...
          X