od cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• od cable

I finally put my engine and transmission back in my car after 2 years. I took a lot of pictures 2 years ago but missed taking a picture of what hooks the cable to the lever on the transmission. My car is a 65 commander with a 283 v/8 and a borg warner 3 speed od transmission. I will look in my manual but would appreciate any help. A picture would be great. Thanks

Bill, the part you need is identified as an Overdrive Control Swivel. It's a part that was used forever; #185336. It secured the end of the cable to the overdrive lever on the side of the overdrive unit. Hopefully, it is somewhere in your parts; it's smaller than your thumb, so may have been misplaced.

If you can't find it, it shouldn't be difficult to find a new or good used one; they don't rust out and were used on thousands of Studebakers with overdrive, both cars and trucks, back into the 30s. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Got pic? I might have a free one.

Dean.

Comment

Robert Kapteyn

Comment

Thanks i looked online and saw a picture of one that was a bolt with a hole in it like you guys described. I am sure i can make one. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X