Birth Certificate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth Certificate

I've just received my 59' Lark Regal's build sheet from the Studebaker National Museum. Most of it is self explanatory except the code 719A CHV 1 which appears on the next line below the paint code for Campfire Red which is code P 5916. What does 719A CHV 1 refer to? Thanks in advance.

That's the interior color code. For instance on my 59 it's 756 RDV which is for red vinyl. I just looked in the 59-60 Lark monograph & I don't see that interior code listed. Since the p.o. is now copied & typed perhaps it was transposed wrong. I found a "mistake" on mine when it first came. The final assembly date for my 59 was typed October 1956!
    Last edited by Warren Webb; 11-28-2015, 08:15 AM.
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Yea. That seemed to make sense, Warren. My interior looks blueish and the dash is painted Sivertone Grey (P5915) I for the life of me could not make sense of CHV 1. But then I was reading through the December issue of Turning Wheels I just pulled out of the mail box after posting the original question and in part 2 of the 1959 Silver Hawk article there is a 59' color chart that both the Silver Hawk and the Lark shared. There it was! The interior pallet. CHV was the code for Charcoal Grey Vinyl . Mystery solved . (But it still looks blueish to my eye) Thanks for the response, Warren.

Comment

Originally posted by Warren Webb View Post
        Since the p.o. is now copied & typed perhaps it was transposed wrong.
        When I got mine for the '53 they included not only a newly typed copy but a photocopy of the original. Do they still do that?
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by T.J. lavallee View Post
          Yea. That seemed to make sense, Warren. My interior looks blueish and the dash is painted Sivertone Grey (P5915) I for the life of me could not make sense of CHV 1. But then I was reading through the December issue of Turning Wheels I just pulled out of the mail box after posting the original question and in part 2 of the 1959 Silver Hawk article there is a 59' color chart that both the Silver Hawk and the Lark shared. There it was! The interior pallet. CHV was the code for Charcoal Grey Vinyl . Mystery solved . (But it still looks blueish to my eye) Thanks for the response, Warren.
          Vinyls can change in color subtleties over 56 years.

You pointed out another benefit of belonging to SDC and receiving Turning Wheels.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
            Vinyls can change in color subtleties over 56 years.
            You're not kidding, Gary. Our 64 Champ's interior was originally tan, but now it's consistently a salmon pink! It made no sense until I saw another Champ restored back to the original interior colors.
            Mike Davis
            1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Originally posted by StudeNewby View Post
              You're not kidding, Gary. Our 64 Champ's interior was originally tan, but now it's consistently a salmon pink! It made no sense until I saw another Champ restored back to the original interior colors.
              Ditto with our 64 Champ. Very pink.
              Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
              50 Champion 2 door*
              53 Commander K Auto*
              53 Commander K overdrive*
              55 President Speedster
              62 GT 4Speed*
              63 Avanti R1*
              64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

ROCKNE 10, I got the PO's a couple of months ago for my 61 Hawk and 62 Champ and
                they were just the typed orders. The PO for my 51 a few years ago had both.

Comment

The Door Panel trim Color on those '62 and on Champs never was Tan, it actually was a Pinky Beige Color.
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                  X