Traveling Studebaker Census on I-80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling Studebaker Census on I-80

I'll be traveling I-80 this afternoon from the Joliet IL area to Omaha NE tonight and on to Denver CO tomorrow. As I'm driving, I'll be conducting a Studebaker Census, wondering how many, if any, Studebakers will be on the road. I'm betting, sadly, that I won't see any on my way to our daughter's for Thanksgiving. Everyone have a nice Thanksgiving!
    sigpic[SIGPIC]

This time of year, most of them in the 'snow belt' have been put away.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I know I'm late on this thread,but I"ll just say my Hawk went into storage the first of November.[I live about 2 miles south of I-80,at I-39...]
      Oglesby,Il.

Comment

In my travels almost everyday on interstates and state Highways I see maybe six a year driving, and a dozen or so parked in yards.
        Be SURE To stop at the I 80 Trucking Museum and see several Studebaker trucks there!!!

husband of Lark VIII girl

Comment

Get to Denver quick. A storm is coming in. My cousin that lives there gave the weather forecast this afternoon. Doesn't sound good.

Denny L

Comment

Denny is right, we are expecting a couple of inches on Thursday. My car is in the garage with a cover on it, but I would fire it up for you!!!
            Carey
            Packard Hawk

Comment

As of today, my Lark has put to bed for the winter. The only exception would be if we had a mild streak during the winter. Then, I might take the Stude out for a spin. That hasn't happened for the last 2 winters.
              Rog
              '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
              Smithtown,NY
              Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Working...
              X