Supercharger parts advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supercharger parts advice

I am divesting of the accumulated stash of parts that I have acquired and would like thoughts on how to approach this grouping. Should I sell the individual parts, the blower, the mounting yoke and the bonnet/carb as one or separately? And the second part of the question is what sort of value would be reasonable? The blower does not turn but I do have a rebuild kit with the balls and the races. There is no solenoid nor cover. The yoke looks good in the pictures but has been painted over rust, looks scruffy at best. A carb is inside the bonnet but needs rebuilding and is missing the kickdown switch and choke/heater tube, have a second carb that goes with it.
    Jerry
    Attached Files

Hi Jerry, first off, there is someone out there that would jump at this stash in its entirety, the question about value is more of a puzzle. All the parts need rebuilding and or replacing. The value I think is in having the whole set up. My guess, and it is really a guess, is somewhere in the neighborhood of $1,000. I may be way off in either direction, so if someone else is able to better assess these parts, please do so. By the way, I got my Stude vise working, and again owe you a huge thank you. Bill

Comment

You mention a "Stash of Parts" does that mean there is WAY more to sell than a Supercharger Package?

Yes definitely sell the Kit as complete as you can, around $1000 is a good start for an eBay Ad without a Reserve.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

A big bonus would be if you have the water manifold in your stash !
        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Two other pieces that would be nice to include with the 'package' would be the blower crankshaft pulley and the special curved oil filler tube, if you have those in your 'stash'.
          Paul
          Winston-Salem, NC
          Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
          Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Thanks for all your thoughts, will try locally on CL first but it will probably end up on eBay. Bill, glad to hear the vise is working out for you. To rest of you, nothing more of note, the rear springs for a 58 Hawk and a manual retracting antenna that's beat up. I'm confused by mention of a water manifold as that is the function of the mounting yoke, is it not?
            Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
              A big bonus would be if you have the water manifold in your stash !
              That would apply if the parts were from a 63 or 64 but the water manifold on the earlier supercharged cars is the same as the others of that time period.
              59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
              60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
              61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
              62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
              62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
              62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
              63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
              63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
              64 Zip Van
              66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
              66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

This Why you do not need a Special Water Manifold, a "WET" Mounting Bracket!

StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                X