1987 or Newer Dash Picture.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1987 or Newer Dash Picture.

I'm trying to figure out how the front windshield defrosters on the 1987 and up exited the dash to clear the window. Would someone be able to describe what it looks like or, better yet, provide a picture or two? Thanks in advance, Bob

Years ago, I installed an 89 dash in my 70. Fits fine. I used the original defroster ducting and both sections matched the openings on the 89 dash. This picture was from last October when the windshield was being installed. It shows something of what I speak, however the duct on the passenger side has dropped down a bit and has to be refastened. They lay almost right against the windshield.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04343mm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	166.1 KB
ID:	1701532
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Originally posted by 64V-K7 View Post
      Years ago, I installed an 89 dash in my 70. Fits fine. I used the original defroster ducting and both sections matched the openings on the 89 dash. This picture was from last October when the windshield was being installed. It shows something of what I speak, however the duct on the passenger side has dropped down a bit and has to be refastened. They lay almost right against the windshield.
      Perfect, exactly what I need. Any chance you might have a shot of the total installed dash showing it from the inside front view. Thanks, Bob

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
        Perfect, exactly what I need. Any chance you might have a shot of the total installed dash showing it from the inside front view. Thanks, Bob
        lemme dig some old pics up...

Here ya go...

Last edited by 64V-K7; 11-15-2015, 05:36 PM.
        64 GT Hawk (K7)
        1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Thanks again, I have one and really like how the dash wraps the drivers side. I'm trying to get creative with the heater & vent controls in my 74 with this dash. What a resource. - Bob

Comment

Working...
          X