"Safety" Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Safety" Features

I know that for other Marques, at Regional and National events, certain safety upgrades such as radial tires, seal belts, etc. are allowed with out points being subtracted in Judging. Does the SDC have such a ruling?

Yes. You can download the judging manual here.

Skip Lackie

Comment

I went to the Site, but couldn't find anything on what items were "forgiven"...

Comment

Just radials and Seat Belts as far as I remember.
        I don't think Mustang Cobra 4 Wheel Anti-lock Disc Brakes is going to fly with the Original Class Judges!

Wheels: This category includes the wheels, tires, valve stems, hubcaps,and or wheel covers. The wheels must be the correct wheels as originally put on the vehicle. The tires (all five) which include the spare may be either bias-ply or radial. All five must match in size and whitewall width. In the case of radial tires wide whitewall width must be the same width as originally on the vehicle.

Wow, the author of this had a real problem with missing the space bar between words, I fixed a BUNCH of them on my pasted post!
        Last edited by StudeRich; 11-15-2015, 12:50 PM.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I guess I'll wind up in Class 8. I plan on installing 3 point Shoulder belts...

Comment

I have had my car judged 3 times, twice at an International meet, with a Turner brake kit on it for the dual master cylinder. Still running the drum brakes. This is definitely a safety item. No one has deducted me yet and does not seem to be covered in what is quoted here. If its not in the manual, it should be.
            Bob
            Bob
            Welland Ontario
            60 Lark Convertible
            64 Daytona
            sigpic
            "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

+1 on what pinehurst said.
              I've got dual MC and nobody has questioned it.
              Especially after my single pot nearly killed me after a failed wheel cyl. (long story. so I'll not post it here)

Comment

Working...
              X