Modern Stude Truck Ideas Photoshop help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modern Stude Truck Ideas Photoshop help

I would like this thread to be about a modern truck cab and fenders using a studebaker truck bed and fenders.
    Studebaker borrowed a dodge bed in the early 60s. So, I say go with a late model truck borrow the bed and rear fenders off of a 56-64 Stude truck. A 2001 Chevy standard cab truck with an LS motor already in there. Paint it up like a Transtar deluxe with the door stainless trim. A 2007 Chevy standard cab Or try an older say 98 Dakota or Ram. A Cadillac Escelade with a billet grill looks a lot like a Champ front. This front will fit the 01 Chevy truck. I have a picture of it. Give me your email and I can send some pictures to anyone who is interested. I need someone to do a photo shop combining the combos. Also, I believe the Transtar Deluxe paint scheme would work well on modern trucks by itself. Example: My brother has a stock V6 98 red Ram. The front fender has some of the same characteristics as a 49-59. It has a faded hood and top. I would like to see a photoshop of it in red and white using the Deluxe paint scheme. Other models Ranger Toyota ect are welcome. There is no wrong answer. Just bench racing and brainstorming.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Studeous; 11-14-2015, 10:23 PM.
    My 1st car. "A TRANSTAR"

Starliner
    sigpic
    Somewhere between Culture and Agriculture
    in the Geographic center of Tennessee

How about that late model GMC that has the three ovals in its grill?

Or maybe some '00-'10s Toyotas with trapezoidal grills? Just turn the trapezoid upside down?
    1963 Champ "Stu Bludebaker"- sometimes driver
    1957 Silver Hawk "Josie"- picking up the pieces after an unreliable body man let it rot for 11 years from an almost driver to a basket case
    1951 Land Cruiser "Bunnie Ketcher" only 47M miles!
    1951 Commander Starlight "Dale"- basket case
    1947 Champion "Sally"- basket case
    1941 Commander Land Cruiser "Ursula"- basket case

Comment

There is a pickup stepside bed that comes on a toyota tundra(?) which has lovely tail lights molded around the corner of the fender. I think its the best looking truck bed since the CE.
      Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

If any later model pickup resembles a Studebaker, it's the 1997 to 2004 Dodge Dakota, to me they look a lot like a Champ.

Bill

Comment

Have you been on the Jalopy Journal's message board? They have an active photoshop thread where 2 or 3 regulars take requests for various paint or customizing requests of photos posted to the thread.

Comment

The Tacoma's front fenders resemble a 50 Stude truck and size wise, it looks about the same. The Dakota is definitely a contender. Thanks! Leo for the Jalopy Journal tip. I found an amazing Professional that's willing to work on it this weekend..
            I'm pretty excited about the project !
            My 1st car. "A TRANSTAR"

Starliner
            sigpic

Comment

Goals:
              Make it as economically feasible as possible.
              Use the Transtar Paint Scheme, using Stainless, painted simulated stainless, or pinstripe between the 2 colors.
              Change grill or do other subtle changes to make the (brand X) less identifiable.
              The first truck has a narrowed 54-56 Stude grill. Hopefully it will be posted this evening.
              My 1st car. "A TRANSTAR"

Starliner
              sigpic

Comment

SDCer Richard Burks of SDC's Middle Tennessee Chapter asked me to post this on behalf of the artist:

Artist "Moose" granted Richard permission for it to be posted on the SDC Forum. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Love that truck. It seems that a good metal worker could alter the grille to look like a match for the fenders. (1949-1953) I saw a 1946 Chevy pick-up at a car show yesterday that was made into an extended cab. The amazing fact was that he built the entire addition himself, including a side window. He built it out of flat metal.

Comment

The Blue and White truck above is a 2007 Chevy truck with a 2010 Tahoe front end. I love the look of the Tahoe-Avalanche front. It is supposed to be a (bolt on) to the Chevy truck. I'm trying to verify what all this entails. When the rounded Tahoe front is bolted on the Chevy truck, people comment that it doesn't match because the Chevy bed is kinda squared. That's where the Stude bed comes in. In the above photoshopped truck, I asked The Moose to cut the panel off below the bumper. This is where the fog lights are. May try adding it back on. This week I will do some measuring on a Tahoe grill and a friend is going to measure a 52 Stude grill. The next candidate I would like to get photoshopped is the Tacoma. Thanks Moose! for the Photoshopping.
                    My 1st car. "A TRANSTAR"

Starliner
                    sigpic

Comment

That's so cool that Moose was able to come through for you like this. Such creativity available on that thread is amazing to see. Good luck on your goals with this truck.

Comment

A friend measured a 2R grill for me. I measured a Tahoe in a parking lot. It looks like it may work.
                        I didn't like the configuration I asked for with the Tacoma. I'm going to stick with the Chevy Tahoe combo. Does anyone have a 07-11 Chevy truck, Tahoe, or Avalanche they would be willing to take some pictures of?
                        Also, does anyone know someone in the Chevy dealer body shop or at a junkyard, to find out what all this front end swap entails?
                        Could someone take some specific 55 truck Grill measurements?
                        If you want to help PM or email me. These things are on my list, but haven't gotten to them yet.
                        Thanks
                        My 1st car. "A TRANSTAR"

Starliner
                        sigpic

Comment

I like the Tacoma front end treatments he did with the Champ grille. VERY clean and still looking like a modern Studebaker might.

Comment

It's their loss, but sort of a shame that is considered Forum Poison, on the HAMB. I understand, rules are rules, but....

Comment

Since this isn't the HAMB, I think they should be okay to post? Click image for larger version

Name:	red white.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	1701659

Comment

Working...
                              X