Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alert - FRAUD warning

ALERT - WARNING!!

A man named Frank Bagshaw from Chicago, Illinois has been sending emails offering to sell a 1933 Studebaker Commander and/or parts therefrom. Beware, he is a complete fraud.

The email offers from this Frank Bagshaw include pictures of a 1933 Studebaker Commander that he claims he owns in Chicago, along with a false story about purchasing the car when he was 14-yrs old. The pictures of the car are actually my car, which is located and currently being restored in Boise, Idaho. The story about purchasing the car when he was 14-yrs old is actually my true story.

A few years ago, I posted on the forum a request for parts for my car and included pictures along with my story. It is believed that the pictures this Frank Bagshaw is using, along with the story, were somehow downloaded from the Studebaker Drivers Club forum website, and are now being used fraudulently by him to attempt to sell the car and or parts that he does not own or possess.

I have no idea whether Frank Bagshaw is even his real name. However, he has given an address of 3117 21st Pl, North Chicago, IL 60064, along with a phone number (312) 275-9299. He claims a wife named Shirley Bradshaw. The email address he is using for his attempted fraud is: frankautospares@gmail.com

If any of you have been a victim of this fraud, or know of him, please post what you know about this man on the forum, so that others will be informed and forewarned. If there is any action the Studebaker Drivers Club can take to hold this individual accountable for his attempted fraud, I would certainly strongly encourage such action.

Steve Hosac (steve@hosac.net; (208) 850-8590; Boise, Idaho

Wow these Cyber terrorists are getting REALLY creative! Unbelievable that they would try to enter the Lowly World of "valueless" Studebakers!

My guess is there IS no Frank Bagshaw, unless it is on a Tombstone!

If he actually lives there he almost has a view of one of the Great Lakes!

Last edited by StudeRich; 11-07-2015, 03:22 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Make sure you turn this information over to your State's Attorney General office on fraud so they can investigate and track down the con-artist for prosecution.

Comment

Actually the jurisdiction is Illinois (due to his given address). Hence the Illinois State Attorney General's office has to be contacted.

Thanks for the heads-up Steve!
        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I had a call on my answering machine saying that I needed to call back immediately, because the IRS was planning to file lawsuits against me..

So I called back, of course, to have some fun..

A lady answered and ID herself as IRS officer with a badge or IR783459. I wanted to bust out laughing, as her accent was almost non-comprehensible.

I acted like I was concern to see what information she was trying to extract.

After having some fun, messing with the moron, I started to play back the conversation I have taped so far.. She was stunned..
          I then asked her what country she was from.. She asked why.. I then told her, because people in your country must thinks American's are stupid to fall for this crap. And if she knew anything about the IRS, she would not be calling me..

I then told here I was reporting her to the US Treasury with the number I called, and providing the Treasury agent her voice recording for investigation of fraud, and impersonating an IRS agent.

She started to yell at me, I don't care.. and I just started to laugh.. And I hung up..

Comment

Originally posted by 56H-Y6 View Post
            Make sure you turn this information over to your State's Attorney General office on fraud so they can investigate and track down the con-artist for prosecution.
            If you do contact your attorney general I hope you have more luck than I did with the Indiana Attorney General, Greg Zoeller, with my battle with Dick Bradshaw, known as Bulldog, with the intake manifolds he was supposed to make. Zoeller stumps about helping seniors that have been scammed. He did ABSOLUTELY nothing for me and I was scammed and am old. Typical politics.

Ted

Comment

You asked at the wrong time Ted. You have to do it during the run up to the elections. After they are in for another 4 years they turn a deaf ear.

Comment

Yeah, I got that call too. However the IRS has at least some legal protocols they are required to follow. One of them is informing anyone by mail (if possible) of any action to be taken against them before the next step of lawsuits, etc... However, in the current political climate where the IRS is being used against political rivals, who knows what they are capable of? So far, they've been quite reasonable with me. Mainly, I think, because they are quite aware of not being able to squeeze blood out of a turnip.Click image for larger version

Name:	emo23.gif
Views:	2
Size:	977 Bytes
ID:	1701456

But I digress again... Usually this kind of call is obviously (refer to above digression) a fraud and I hang up before they've even finished their spiel.

Good job Sscopelli.
                Last edited by studeclunker; 11-09-2015, 01:46 PM.
                Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                Ron Smith
                Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Originally posted by studeclunker View Post
                  Actually the jurisdiction is Illinois (due to his given address). Hence the Illinois State Attorney General's office has to be contacted.

Thanks for the heads-up Steve!
                  Gee...good luck with that! Over the last few years, seems like Illinois officials are too busy taking kickbacks, under investigation, avoiding prosecution, ex-cons, headed to jail, or already in prison.
                  John Clary
                  Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Working...
                  X