PDA

View Full Version : 62 GT Hawk Production Order

64studeavanti
11-03-2015, 02:36 PM
All,
I just received the PO for the GT Hawk I just bought. Is there any code to indicate WCFB carb?

r1lark
11-03-2015, 04:00 PM
Most likely that Hawk was not originally built with a 4 bbl. There would be an option listed if it was. It may have been dealer installed, or installed by an enthusiast later in its life.

64studeavanti
11-03-2015, 06:51 PM
Thanks,
I am trying to determine what was originally installed. The Hawk came with a NOS short block (full flow 289) plus the original block, several different pairs of heads and several 2bbl and WCFB manifolds. I also have several 2 bbl carbs and a refurbished WCFB. In any case, it is quite a puzzle to piece back together. To date, I have been working on Avantis so the Hawk is a new endeavor for me.

StudeRich
11-03-2015, 07:41 PM
The WCFB is an excellent Carb. that should get better mileage than a AFB or AFB Edelbrock clone, IF the throttle plate shafts are tight, as in not too badly worn. :cool:

Nicely ordered Hawk, it HAD the Automatic Windshield Washer, a Full Dash and the Solid Red Vinyl Upholstery, meaning the inserts were not White.

It did not have a Radio when it left the factory.

Bill Pressler
11-04-2015, 10:42 AM
On my '63 Daytona, I had a line on the P.O. that said "Matching Inserts", which implied to me that the white inserts were what you got if "matching inserts" weren't specified.

HAWK64
11-04-2015, 11:56 AM
Padded sun visors are always nice. I have them on my '64 GT.

studegary
11-04-2015, 01:34 PM
Do you know the history of locations for that Hawk? I see that it was built for Studebaker stock, so the Production Order does hot give a clue as to where it was originally sold.
The reason that I asked is that in 1963 we resided in an apartment with an adjoining wall to an older (than we were then - probably 60s) couple that had purchased a 1962 Hawk new (in NY). They, including the Hawk, retired to Florida shortly thereafter. Their Hawk was just like yours. Of course, there was probably more than one made like that.

8E45E
11-04-2015, 01:38 PM
Do you know the history of locations for that Hawk? I see that it was built for Studebaker stock, so the Production Order does hot give a clue as to where it was originally sold.
The reason that I asked is that in 1963 we resided in an apartment with an adjoining wall to an older (than we were then - probably 60s) couple that had purchased a 1962 Hawk new (in NY). They, including the Hawk, retired to Florida shortly thereafter. Their Hawk was just like yours. Of course, there was probably more than one made like that.

Unless New York state required positive crankcase ventilation in 1962, I suspect it was destined for California.

Craig

64studeavanti
11-04-2015, 01:46 PM
I have no idea about previous owners. I do know that it was in Florida for about 30 years.

StudeRich
11-04-2015, 02:32 PM
On my '63 Daytona, I had a line on the P.O. that said "Matching Inserts", which implied to me that the white inserts were what you got if "matching inserts" weren't specified.

Exactly, on the higher Trim Levels of '63's, you HAD to specify "Matching Inserts" or you got the Standard White Inserts.

And if you did not Choose the optional "All Vinyl" you got the Standard Cloth Inserts and Vinyl surrounds with no other options except Color.

Bill Pressler
11-05-2015, 12:02 PM
This '62 GT's doesn't say "matching inserts", which makes me think it was built with white inserts.