Original truck lower radiator pipe/hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: Original truck lower radiator pipe/hose

I saw the photos of someone's early year 2R truck with the pipe sections and pieces of hose between them, apparently the original way the truck was plumbed.

Considering how seldom I've seen that I assume that plumbing for the lower radiator hose/pipe is expensive, and is it better than an off the shelf lower hose that fits? Aside from originality points.
    I imagine that having the extra clamps and hose pieces meant more chances for failure and leakage, just in looking at the set up. It looked cool though, and the upside of the pieces of straight hose would be you wouldn't have to worry about a specially formed radiator hose a certain length, 2 straight pieces 4" long would get you back on the road!

Leo, I sent You a PM.
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Got it.

Comment

I used copper pipe and fittings and gates green stripe straight radiator hose to do the plumbing in my T cab.
        If you car is ugly then it better be fast.....

65 2dr sedan
        64 2dr sedan (Pinkie)
        61 V8 Tcab
        63 Tcab 20R powered
        55 Commander Wagon
        54 Champion Wagon
        46 Gibson Model A
        50 JD MC
        45 Agricat
        67 Triumph T100
        66 Bultaco Matadore

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I'm curious to learn how the copper pipe holds up to the antifreeze. Any chance you could post or send me a photo of what it looks like in your truck?

Comment

It should hold up every bit as good as the Copper Tubes in your Radiator, it does not corrode like Aluminum.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Point taken.

Comment

Working...
              X