rust repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rust repair

Is anyone making lower rear panels fora 60 lark wagon? Or does anyone have a wagon to cut the pieces off of. I need from the backup light down. Thanks.

Studebaker International still has nos ones for sale. The 4dr ones are much cheaper. Not sure what body style you have. Some guys here have repaired them by welding in metal.

http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb.dll?parta~dyndetail~Z5Z5Z50001003a~Z5Z5Z5AAOTJ~P1.00~~~~S4HF0X7JU350731261432 a~Z5Z5Z5~Z5Z5Z50001003a

http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb....Z5Z5Z50001003a

Comment

I have a 4dr. I saw whole qtrs with the window opening and the car is worth going that route. But the interior is still real nice. Hate to tear it up.

Comment

You might be able to cut out just the bad areas and weld in the new making a patch from the new quarters. Our 65 was done that way on one side back in the early 70's.

Comment

I wish there was enough left to do that but the lowers are gone. It is amazing how rust free this car is overall except behind the rear bumper. This car sat in a garage for 30 years.v8 auto runs drives great. I may wind up doing the whole qtr route just hate disturbing that interior.

Comment

My 59 wagon is rusted through on the left quarter. The inner panel is solid which what I would determine if I was to buy a new 1/4 & replace it. I have a few rear fenders from 4 door sedans that are near the same curve that I intend to splice in. They will take some extra "massaging" but should do the trick.
            59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
            60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
            61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
            62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
            62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
            62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
            63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
            63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
            64 Zip Van
            66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
            66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

I have been thinking the same. I bought a set of 4dr qtrs at south bend last year for a car i have but i may do a little switching around.

Comment

Working...
              X