Is "Joe Hendricks" a scam or ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is "Joe Hendricks" a scam or ???

'Just got an e-mail at my "home" e-mail address from a Joe Hendricks. I deleted it without opening it because I don't know any Joe Hendricks, but can recover it if necessary.

The subject line said, Response to your AD on Studebaker Drivers Club. I don't have any "ads" running here or elsewhere, except some old Craigslist ads for a couple tires and five NOS 1988-1992 Harley-Davidson Owners Manuals. Those ads don't mention Studebaker.

When I hovered my cursor over Joe Hendricks, it showed jjhenchickdricks@gmail.com.

Anybody else get this or know anything about it? Like I said, I did not open it.

Thanks. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Usually when I get an email like that I delete it. I have received junk before with the name of someone I know as the only subject. I did have to warn some people not to send messages with just "Hey" or How are you doing" as a subject. If Joe is for real, hopefully he will see your post.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

I hear that, Howard; thanks.

Several months ago, I got an e-mail allegedly from Calvin Lowell. Geeze, Calvin Lowell passed away years ago!

By the way, did you ever get the RF fender on Leonard Shepherd's "old" '52 Commander painted? BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Yes, I also got the "Joe Hendricks" email. Figured it had to be a scam since I do not have anything listed for sale on this website. Noted that "he" was using our Club logo... should go after him for trademark infringement!
        Mark Hayden
        '66 Commander

Comment

Originally posted by Mark57 View Post
          Yes, I also got the "Joe Hendricks" email. Figured it had to be a scam since I do not have anything listed for sale on this website. Noted that "he" was using our Club logo... should go after him for trademark infringement!
          Cool, Mark; thanks. Now I'm going to go delete it from my "deleted" box as well! BP

Comment

I got one too, and deleted it without opening.
            Skip Lackie

Comment

Whenever I get an email like that, it goes right into my spam file. It will dissappear very soon after that.
              Rog
              '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
              Smithtown,NY
              Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

I got one, too. Deleted....
                The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                  I hear that, Howard; thanks.

By the way, did you ever get the RF fender on Leonard Shepherd's "old" '52 Commander painted? BP
                  No paint yet. I hope to start on some of that soon. For now I just take most of the pictures so that fender doesn't show much.
                  Attached Files
                  "In the heart of Arkansas."
                  Searcy, Arkansas
                  1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                  1952 2R pickup

Comment

I got the Joe Hendricks email as well.
                    sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Bob and others, it is never a good idea to open unsolicited emails. You all were right to delete them without opening them.
                      Hobert J. Shy
                      21103 Harriet
                      Romulus, MI 48174

Comment

Originally posted by hobiejack11 View Post
                        Bob and others, it is never a good idea to open unsolicited emails. You all were right to delete them without opening them.
                        Probably no worse than posting your name and address in an open forum.

Comment

Working...
                        X