Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*** ALL THREE SOLD *** 53 K coupe, 54 C coupe, and 57 Hawk parts cars NOT available in Monroe WA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *** ALL THREE SOLD *** 53 K coupe, 54 C coupe, and 57 Hawk parts cars NOT available in Monroe WA

As of Oct. 29, 2015, all three cars were sold. The former owner is grateful for the amount of interest shown in his vehicles. By the way, according to the buyer, what we thought was a 1953 K body was actually the remains of a 56 Golden Hawk. Unfortunately, the body tag was missing from the firewall, or I would have done a better job with the identification.

A gentleman from Monroe Washington called me a few days ago to ask if I knew anyone who might be interested in several 1950s Studebakers he wants to get rid of. I stopped by today and this is what I found. He gave me permission to post the information and provide his name and telephone number to anyone who's interested in buying any of them. Send me a personal message for his name/number:

1954 C body Commander coupe, sn 8360413, body tag 5H-C3 326. In the attached photographs, it's the one with the white hood with racing stripes (more on that below). There's no interior or dashboard. No windows. No engine or transmission. The rocker panels and floors immediately adjacent are completely rotted away, as are the bottoms of the doors. There are quite a few exterior trim pieces inside the car.

1953? K body coupe, sn 6030721, no body tag. I don't think the serial number is correct for the year, but that's what I wrote down from the door jamb. In the attached photographs, it's sitting between the 54 C body and the Hawk. No dashboard. No doors or windows. There are seats, but they are not installed. They are just heaped inside. The roof is crushed just forward of the rear window. The floors and rockers are in better shape than those on the 54. No windows. No engine or transmission. More exterior trim and bumpers are inside the trunk.

1957 Hawk, sn 7206975, body tag 57H-C3 7568. The seats and dashboard/gauges are still installed. No windows. No front fenders. No engine or transmission. Rust in the floors. The hood is leaning up against the side of the nearby barn. He said he also had a supercharger in the barn, but didn't say if it came from this car.

He knows these are primarily just cars for parts. He might have a title for the Hawk. He wasn't planning to register them for street driving, so he wasn't concerned about titles when he bought them. He didn't have any particular price in mind, but he wants to get rid of them so he can clean up the space. He doesn't want very much for them. His preference is to sell each car whole so he can clear the space.

So here's the back story. He and his son built a Studebaker and raced it in La Carrera Panamerica in Mexico in 2007. See the attached YouTube video of their car in the race. The gentleman who I met today is sitting on the passenger side at the end of the video.

He and his son later sold the car in the video. The cars he has for sale now were either donors for the 2007 race car, or were purchased with the intention of creating another racer but the project was never started.

The hood on the 54 and another hood propped up by the barn appear to have been spares for the car in the video, as they have the same paint scheme. There are a few more 53/54 hoods also propped up against the barn.

Send me a PM if you want to contact him.

.Click image for larger version

Name:	S_53_and_54_coupes.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	1748928 .Click image for larger version

Name:	S_53_54_hoods.jpg
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	1748929 .Click image for larger version

Name:	S_57_Hawk.jpg
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	1748930 .Click image for larger version

Name:	S_57_Hawk_hood.jpg
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	1748931
    Last edited by Mark L; 10-29-2015, 04:41 PM.
    Mark L

Hi Mark, we sold him a '62 GT Hawk Body to use to replace the Cowl on one of the Race cars that was badly wrecked, I have not seen or talked with him in about 8 years. PM sent.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The bicentennial 53 hood is Groovy.
      I really DIG IT
      My 1st car. "A TRANSTAR"

Starliner
      sigpic
      Somewhere between Culture and Agriculture
      in the Geographic center of Tennessee

Comment

I need a hood and a trunk lid and one tail light.

And r & l rear fender top trims
        Last edited by TrickyRick; 10-25-2015, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Roger Habich is known to those of us that followed Nascar Northwest Tour racing.

Comment

I own and drive a '53 Commander Coupe. I am always interested in spare parts and pieces. Please let me know the name and number of the gentleman in question so I can call him. Thank you so much. Al Germano [253-847-2934].
            Studebaker! If you're lucky enough to own one, you're lucky enough!!!

Comment

Al, I sent you a private message with the contact info.
              Mark L

Comment

I was notified today by the buyer that all three cars and the loose parts have been purchased.

He also mentioned that what I thought was a 53 K body was actually the remains of a 56 Golden Hawk. This was the one in the middle that was missing the body tag from the firewall. The sn was 6030721, which the 1956 Golden Hawk Registry webpage shows is a South Bend-produced Golden Hawk.

In my defense, I did record the correct serial number from the door jamb and posted it above. I thought it was not a 53 as the owner suggested. If I had known it was a 56J, I would have posted it as such. I'm sorry I didn't identify it correctly. I am glad I was able to touch such a rare car, even though I didn't recognize it at the time.
                Last edited by Mark L; 10-29-2015, 05:35 PM.
                Mark L

Comment

Working...
                X