65 sports sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 65 sports sedan

This is my first post ever so be kind...back in 65 I worked for Downtown Studebaker in Atlanta. My first job was to clean the four cars on the show room floor. There was a 65 Sports sedan that I lusted for but was way over my head at $2,650 on $1.25/hr. I worked under Mr. Oscar Nix there for about 7 months until the army got me. SO I'm in the market for a 65 sports sedan in good condition if anyone knows about one email me at hopinfox@aol.com Thanks Mike

Welcome to the SDC Forum, Mike. You've come to the right place if you are looking for a 1965 Daytona Sports Sedan. If you find one for the $2,650 you remember, it will probably need a little more work than the one you polished on the showroom floor! Double that and you may find a pretty nice car. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Welcome to the SDC Forum, Mike. You've come to the right place if you are looking for a 1965 Daytona Sports Sedan. If you find one for the $2,650 you remember, it will probably need a little more work than the one you polished on the showroom floor! Double that and you may find a pretty nice car. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Welcome to the fold (sickness)
        If you haven't done so already joint the SDC and a local chapter. It will help in your quest for the car and add to the enjoyment. Arm yourself with knowledge and have fun.
        Russ
        quote:Originally posted by hopinfox

This is my first post ever so be kind...back in 65 I worked for Downtown Studebaker in Atlanta. My first job was to clean the four cars on the show room floor. There was a 65 Sports sedan that I lusted for but was way over my head at $2,650 on $1.25/hr. I worked under Mr. Oscar Nix there for about 7 months until the army got me. SO I'm in the market for a 65 sports sedan in good condition if anyone knows about one email me at hopinfox@aol.com Thanks Mike
        Russ Shop Foreman "Rusty Nut Garage"
        57 SH (project)
        60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Russ Shop Foreman \"Rusty Nut Garage\"
        53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
        57 SH (project)

Comment

Welcome to the fold (sickness)
          If you haven't done so already joint the SDC and a local chapter. It will help in your quest for the car and add to the enjoyment. Arm yourself with knowledge and have fun.
          Russ
          quote:Originally posted by hopinfox

Russ Shop Foreman "Rusty Nut Garage"
          57 SH (project)

Russ Shop Foreman \"Rusty Nut Garage\"
          53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
          57 SH (project)

Comment

Thanks for your quick reponse..I have owned quite a few Studebakers from my first car at 16 (a 52 champion). When I worked at the Stude dealership I had a 53 commander 232 auto.(how I wish I had it now!)I'm a SDC member and a member of the local club (north Georgia chapter). And yes I expect to pay more than original list!

Comment

Thanks for your quick reponse..I have owned quite a few Studebakers from my first car at 16 (a 52 champion). When I worked at the Stude dealership I had a 53 commander 232 auto.(how I wish I had it now!)I'm a SDC member and a member of the local club (north Georgia chapter). And yes I expect to pay more than original list!

Comment

How about a 65 Cruiser[8D]? <shameless self-promotion>

Mark Anderson
                1965 Cruiser

Home of the Cruiser Registry

Comment

How about a 65 Cruiser[8D]? <shameless self-promotion>

Mark Anderson
                  1965 Cruiser

Home of the Cruiser Registry

Comment

Welcome aboard, Mike! Were you a member of the North Georgia Chapter when I was? (74 thru 81, IIRC)
                    I had a nice (although engineless) 66 Sports Sedan up until I left GA. One of the NGC members bought it from me before I left GA. I've wondered what happened to that car.
                    Did Downtown hang in there thru the '66 models? I dealt with Mr. Nix when he worked for Southern Auto Parts. He was one heck of a nice fella! I recall going to his home one evening so we could look thru his stash of Stude parts in the basement.

Miscreant adrift in
                    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Welcome aboard, Mike! Were you a member of the North Georgia Chapter when I was? (74 thru 81, IIRC)
                      I had a nice (although engineless) 66 Sports Sedan up until I left GA. One of the NGC members bought it from me before I left GA. I've wondered what happened to that car.
                      Did Downtown hang in there thru the '66 models? I dealt with Mr. Nix when he worked for Southern Auto Parts. He was one heck of a nice fella! I recall going to his home one evening so we could look thru his stash of Stude parts in the basement.

Miscreant adrift in
                      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

No thanks on the cruiser as I have a 64 commander now. Yes the downtown studebaker dealership hung on up until the end. I left in January of '66. After basic training I came back in July of '66 and they were selling a car nobody had ever heard of called Toyota! Mr Nix was a great guy and I did visit him some years later at his home in Marietta. I've been a member of the NGC since 2003 and don't remember seeing a '66.

Comment

No thanks on the cruiser as I have a 64 commander now. Yes the downtown studebaker dealership hung on up until the end. I left in January of '66. After basic training I came back in July of '66 and they were selling a car nobody had ever heard of called Toyota! Mr Nix was a great guy and I did visit him some years later at his home in Marietta. I've been a member of the NGC since 2003 and don't remember seeing a '66.

Comment

There is a guy in our chapter. Phil DeVos, who has a 65 Sport sedan for sale. It is slightly modified, but won a trophy at the Charlotte meet.

If you are interested I can give you his email address.

The interesting thing is that I looked at this car in 1989 when it was on a used car lot. Here is what it looked like then.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

There is a guy in our chapter. Phil DeVos, who has a 65 Sport sedan for sale. It is slightly modified, but won a trophy at the Charlotte meet.

If you are interested I can give you his email address.

The interesting thing is that I looked at this car in 1989 when it was on a used car lot. Here is what it looked like then.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Working...
                              X