Added a 1963 R2 Lark to the Flock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Added a 1963 R2 Lark to the Flock

Many of you might be familiar with this car. I had seen it for sale a few times this year and finally decided to bite the bullet. It needs some work, but not on the engine. I drove it a couple times this weekend and it is quick.

I'll have quite a few questions over the next few months as I hope to get the car ready for the Pure Stock Drags.

Last edited by 61Lark; 10-18-2015, 10:58 AM.

'Looks good; congratulations. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Have fun!
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Sounds awesome! It appears to be very original, nice find.
        sigpic
        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

From the Video we can tell that this R2 Lark Regal is a Power Shift or possibly a H.D. Flight-O-Matic, which is it?
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

This car was built by Doug Tjapkes for the Pure Stock Drags. It originally was a 6 cyl. car, but now is an R2 with Powershift.

Comment

From a 6 to an R2, my my, Jr. Has certainly Grown...

Comment

It is Doug's car. It has one of my R2+ engines in it and a trick Paxton. I have the build pictures on a DVD i'll dig up for you.

Nimesh

Comment

Originally posted by nimesh1963 View Post
                  It is Doug's car. It has one of my R2+ engines in it and a trick Paxton. I have the build pictures on a DVD i'll dig up for you.

Nimesh
                  I received a CD with a few pictures of the engine build from Doug. I have a few questions about the engine that I'll send you a private message about.

Nick

Comment

Working...
                  X