Unique Rat Rod has possibilities.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unique Rat Rod has possibilities.

As usual with any modified car/truck, I don't like everything he did, but this thing is kind of neat. Just needs lots of finishing. http://memphis.craigslist.org/cto/5268847968.html
    Attached Files
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

So close, yet so far....
    Slabbing a whacked off cab with flat sheet stock is not the most glamorous as far as styling goes,,,
    But it has possibilities...
    (I'd swap the rear fenders side for side)
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

He has to much value in the SBC engine.
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

Look's kina ratty to me.

Comment

A little glass in the flats behind the door windows would go a long way.

Comment

It leaves a lot to be desired. Going from the curvaceous lines in the front to the flat- sided bed is just ungainly. I agree completely with post #2.

Comment

Anyone got a business/3-passenger coupe roof to spare for the project? That will improve the looks immensely!

Craig

Comment

I kinda like it. But agree that the back could be improved. Also, a R-series bed may blend in better than the M-series......or better yet, maybe a Coupe Express bed.
                Paul
                Winston-Salem, NC
                Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

The back of the cab is the worst part to me too, but I could live with it. I wonder how it would look with a later bed and 47-52 2 door rear fenders.
                  "In the heart of Arkansas."
                  Searcy, Arkansas
                  1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                  1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
                    The back of the cab is the worst part to me too, but I could live with it. I wonder how it would look with a later bed and 47-52 2 door rear fenders.
                    Hmmmm... 2 door rear fenders on the existing bed, like the Chevy "Cameo" or the Dodge pickup with the station wagon fenders.
                    South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

I like it just like it is. I would drive it in a heartbeat.
                      Jon Stalnaker
                      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Somehow work '57-'61 Fins onto it .
                        Bill H
                        Daytona Beach
                        SDC member since 1970
                        Owner of The Skeeter Hawk .

Comment

Anyone got a business/3-passenger coupe roof to spare for the project? That will improve the looks immensely!

I'd use a 50 4dr or 2 dr sedan rear glass, it has no divider. But I like your idea.

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

I think it works pretty good as-is. I would simply "bob" the rear fenders. They hang a bit low in the rear for me. Saggy rears.... Yuk.
                            sals54

Comment

wowzers - looks cool to me .. will get big crowds at shows compared to girly factory looking cars .....

Comment

Working...
                              X