Worth only 1/3 of a Golden Hawk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worth only 1/3 of a Golden Hawk?

Considering Mecum just sold this Packard Hawk for $35,000, I guess they are only worth about a third of those $99,000 Golden Hawks, eh?

Page Not Found. Here are some quick links to the top Mecum Auctions pages to get you back on track quickly.

BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

I must say that the color combo on this PH (green ext./saddle leather int./gold mylar fin) is really outstanding!

Comment

Geez what are trying to say Bob? That seems like a good deal for the money, the PH looks in good condition. Original colour SN60, Glen Green?
      Bob, just as well I bought a 57 Golden Hawk as well to go with my PH!
      Brian Greenall
      Melbourne, OZ
      sigpic

Comment

I'll have to admit it took fifty years to develop an appreciation for the Packard Hawk styling, but today, it's my third favorite Hawk, after the '56 Golden and Sky Hawks.

jack vines
        PackardV8

Comment

What's with the two tone leather on the seat? The last one on Ebay also had an incorrect interior. Is someone making a wrong kit ans selling it as correct?. It does look nice however.
          Bez Auto Alchemy
          573-318-8948
          http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

I like dark greens, but I think out in the general market, it's more of a liability than a benefit.
            Bill Pressler
            Kent, OH
            (formerly Greenville, PA)
            Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
            Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
            1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
            1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
            All are in Australia now

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
              I'll have to admit it took fifty years to develop an appreciation for the Packard Hawk styling, but today, it's my third favorite Hawk, after the '56 Golden and Sky Hawks.

jack vines
              My idea of the 'dream' Packard Hawk Studebaker should have built....Start with a stock '58 PH......use the 374 Packard V8.....replace the rear fins and round tailights with '56J fins and tailights..............What a car!

Hmmmm!....I guess I'm describing a stock '56J..... with a '58 PH 'nose', '53 type deck lid, (no spare tire thing) and leather interior!!!!!!
              Last edited by SN-60; 10-15-2015, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Packard Hawks are popular with folks in the same way the 52 Studebakers are. Not much respect from many of our clan.
                "In the heart of Arkansas."
                Searcy, Arkansas
                1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                1952 2R pickup

Comment

The Packard gang hates 'em...Studebaker folks take 'em with a grain of salt...pity the poor PH!
                  (Personally, I love 'em, but I'm weird that way...)
                  Mike Davis
                  1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

I don't know...the whole thing looks fishy to me!

Comment

I know why it only brought $33,000.00, it has a '59 Lark/Hawk Horn Button!

Seriously though, that IS a very sweet looking Car in Great shape and at a giveaway price.
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Was the Packard Hawk available in the dark green? The color accented by the gold mylar and the saddle interior is a really nice combination. Bez, I don't see the color variation in the interior, I assumed the grain of the leather going in a different direction for being pleated is showing to be a little lighter in color. If the green color is correct, the sell price is cheap, worth its weight in catfish!
                        sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by plwindish View Post
                          Was the Packard Hawk available in the dark green?
                          Yes, Paul; Glen Green was a very dark green and Park Green was a bit lighter. If that car is supposed to be one of those two colors, it would be Glen Green. BP
                          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I think it's that 'catfish' nose job that brings down the price from the Golden Hawk version.
                            JimsLeadCommander

Comment

Originally posted by plwindish View Post
                              Bez, I don't see the color variation in the interior, I assumed the grain of the leather going in a different direction for being pleated is showing to be a little lighter in color. If the green color is correct, the sell price is cheap, worth its weight in catfish!
                              Windish, The side bolsters, and piping should NOT be contrasting colors. Other than that it looks awesome...Oh, and the grill should be flat black.
                              Bez Auto Alchemy
                              573-318-8948
                              http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                              X