Windows 10 and the Studebaker Manual CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 and the Studebaker Manual CD

Has anyone else had a problem opening their Studebaker Manual CD? If anyone knows a fix for this I would appreciate the info. Thanks

Heck I loaded the CD on the computer. Still works fine. Windows 10 sucks though...
    Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

The manuals are just PDFs. Open Acrobat, then chose File--> Open and browse to the CD to open the manual file you want.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Swifster View Post
        Heck I loaded the CD on the computer. Still works fine. Windows 10 sucks though...
        That's good to know. I have Windows 7 and was thinking of downloading Windows 10. I never downloaded 8 because when I started to download it I saw right away it didn't look good, so I backed out of it.

Comment

I have Windows10 and it works great.
          It was an upgrade, too.

I did notice there was a definite lack of Adobe presence in Win10.
          And Adobe now wants you to buy their cloud stuff.
          No free acrobat reader any more (direct from adobe)

Oops... Yes there is...
          Download free Adobe Acrobat Reader software for your Windows, Mac OS and Android devices to view, print, and comment on PDF documents.
          Last edited by DEEPNHOCK; 10-13-2015, 02:20 AM.
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

You don't have to deal with Adobe. There are a host of free pdf readers and writers out there. I use Foxit reader, and Cute pdf writer. And I use them a lot for work-related stuff. The one thing you must watch for in free downloads is to get them from a reputable source, and to decline any of the add-ons (especially browser toolbars!!) that are offered to you. I just downloaded Irfanview yesterday, which is a really excellent image-viewing program, which also allows you to clip and resize images. Take 3.5 megabyte image, and trim it down to 70 k for e-mail, for example. It was supplied with some widget for Amazon.com, which I declined to install.
            Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Working...
            X