Employee badges and service pins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employee badges and service pins

Not sure if I posed this image before but if so I have added some in the past few years. Have others.

Click image for larger version

Name:	053 copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	1748824
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Geeze, Dick; some of those mug shots look like contemporary Volkswagen executives about to testify as to what they knew and when they knew it! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I knew personally three of the men at left. Ted Zenzinger was the Executive Asst to Sherwood Egbert, Otto Klausmeyer was Manufacturing mgr. Do not recall the 3rd guys name. None were under indictment so far as I know.
      Richard Quinn

Comment

Thanks for sharing that with us!

Comment

It kinda looks like the chest salad some Generalissimo would be wearing.
          Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Actually workers wore only a single badge or pin. The photo badges were required during WWII for security reasons and the various colors at right designated what departments they were allowed to enter.
            Richard Quinn

Comment

The plant had its own detective?? Yikes! What was he detecting?
              RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
              4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
              5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Dick,
                Thanks for posting that fresh display. I will now check my various displays in the house & memorabilia room to get vevitalised again.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
                MELBOURNE.

Comment

Check for these (below) too Jim. Have others but running out of display cases.

Click image for larger version

Name:	056 copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	1700800
                  Richard Quinn

Comment

Dick,
                    Thanks for your second posting which is also impressive & I'm sure appreciated by other Forum viewers.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
                    MELBOURNE.

Comment

Wow 2 Gold Star Pins - to me that is the greatest of all of the Studebaker pins because of the sacrifice it represents. These pins were given to the families of Studebaker Employees who were killed while in the military. I have one of these that I purchased from a used car dealer a short distance from the plant. Sadly he did not know what this pin represented and until I saw an article in one of the Studebaker employee publications I did not know what it represented. Studebaker had a rather large display listing the names of these individuals and I believe it was across the street from the Engineering Bldg. I wonder when this display was taken down.

Nice Collection of items and nicely presented.

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
                        The plant had its own detective?? Yikes! What was he detecting?
                        He was trying to find the guy responsible for the misfit front Champ bumper.

Comment

I bought my Grandfather Loren's 15 twenty and 25 year pins at my Aunt's estate sale. I treasure them. He worked in the upholstery shop and I like to picture him building the seat for my 39 CE.
                          Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Dick you should take something like this to the Antique Road Show, I'm sure you would make TV as most of the general public has never seen something like this.
                            101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Did you ever find a 60-year pin?

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X