Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jay Leno's New Show (Link Entire Episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay Leno's New Show (Link Entire Episode)

Jay Leno's new show.
    Premier episode... Whole show.

(a screen grab for ya')

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

And another screen grab from mid show... With Tim Allen's Stude COE in background.

Last edited by DEEPNHOCK; 10-09-2015, 09:05 AM.

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Comment

Cool. Gotta watch later.
      Thanks for the post, Rice.
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Jay kind of diss'ed the '57(58?) Golden Hawk... (Seemed to pass it over quick)
        But the Golden Hawk was noted as a good future investment...(with Donald Osborne)
        Donald chose the Golden Hawk as the 'best' investment...

Last edited by DEEPNHOCK; 10-09-2015, 09:05 AM.

Jeff

Comment

I don't know how an appraiser of that status would have not checked that is a 58 rather than a 57.

Denny L

Comment

I watched the show and found it surely lacking. Jay has a great collection but instead deprived us of it and went for muscle cars instead. Jay has, to my knowledge, no Studebakers in his collection. That might explain him seemingly not interested in the Golden Hawk. Jay also has no 57 Rambler Rebel to my knowledge which if he's talking muscle cars should have been included as it had a big V8 stuffed into an intermediate chassis which was later the formula for the muscle car. The Rebel was one of the first production cars to have fuel injection. I thought the show was a let down. Maybe the next show will feature one of the interesting cars or motorcycles in his collection. I for one hope so.

Comment

It's entertainment, folks - not an educational show.
              I liked it. Nice to see TWO STUDEBAKERS in one national show.
              Did you miss Tim Allen's Studebaker cab-over?
              The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I sure like that cab-over. Unfortunately I don't have cable tv, so I can't watch the show.

Comment

Originally posted by TWChamp View Post
                  I sure like that cab-over. Unfortunately I don't have cable tv, so I can't watch the show.
                  But... But... The link provided to you in the original post was for THE ENTIRE EPISODE.
                  You can watch it on your computer....any time you want....Right here. Right now.
                  Go to the original post and click on the link....

Jeff

Comment

Yes - and I will be watching more of them as they are posted. I'm sure Jay will feature a great number of cars (and bikes) from his collection as the show progresses. As I said, I'm just happy to see 2 Studes in one great show. We are lucky to have the exposure.

Comment

How much control of style and content does Jay have for this show and what is the target audience? Anybody know?
                      I'd rather be driving my Studebaker!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wlfrench View Post
                        How much control of style and content does Jay have for this show and what is the target audience? Anybody know?
                        I believe it said he was the executive producer. Not to mention a star of his caliber, I'd think he could do whatever he wants. The nice thing is aside from featuring his own collection, he knows everyone and can get a lot of collection and corporate door opened for him. Whereas only car guys know Dennis Gage or Barry Meguire, everyone knows Leno so automakers will let him borrow their latest stuff.

As for audience. Note it's on CNBC (a finance network not to be confused with the political MSNBC), they're looking for some fun programming during the weekend when their business shows aren't on.
                        I'd expect they see it as a bit more adult, high profile and perhaps investment oriented (note Donald Osborne) than the many other car shows on cable. We won't see any quickie "restorations" done under an artificial time crunch and phony drama like so many car shows seem to feature.

BTW: I write for a magazine that also employs Osborne as an editor at large. He's very highly regarded in the very high end of the old car world. He's an expert on European classics and race cars and is a concours judge, so he's more than just an appraiser.
                        He's also a former opera singer with the Met (in case you were puzzled by his singing on the show).
                        Last edited by JBOYLE; 10-11-2015, 04:15 AM.
                        63 Avanti R1 2788
                        1914 Stutz Bearcat
                        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Thanks for posting the link!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X