Comment

Yes, you have my attention also Jeff.
      Wayne Elks

66 Phantom Champ
      65 Cruiser
      64 Champ
      40 4-Dr Commander

Comment

Were there any big computer companies in the Research Triangle Park in the early 1960s? I know some companies were getting started about that time. It just seems out of place for some reason.
        Mark L

Comment

Since you asked -
          The title should be "A Hawk's Tale".
          You seem to like to use ", and" together. I believe this is technically okay, but the comma is normally considered to be a replacement for an and.
          "58 Studebaker" should be either '58 Studebaker or 1958 Studebaker.
          "Raleigh's Studebaker/Mercedes dealership" should be Raleigh's Studebaker/Mercedes Benz dealership.
          I agree with Mark L's comment about Research Triangle Park. I think that it was the late 1960s when IBM located something there and it took a while to build up. Were you referring to some other "big computer company" that may have been there earlier? When referring to 1963, IBM was THE big computer company. 1963 is when IBM opened their semiconductor plant in East Fishkill, NY. IBM's big computer plant in 1963 was in Poughkeepsie, NY.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Being a Raleigh native, I can see every place and street...fun! BTW, my dad bought two Studebakers from Campbell-Honeycutt: a 59 Lark VI and a 61 Lark VIII, the one I can home in.
            Remember as you read that, while it is based on a real location and many of the landmarks are correct, it is a work of fiction. The writer also has the right of "artistic license." Read it for what it is: a story, not history. You'll enjoy it more.
            Mike Davis
            1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Working...
            X