• Show
Clear All

• More Stude Factory Photos

Found these today..
    Some old, but some newer ones, too.
    Jeff[8D]

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

That's just beyond AMAZING Jeff, looks like the City is moving forward to salvage all the high dollar good ol U.S. Steel, and any metals they can find!

I see by the dates on this guy's photos, that all the Multi-fuel truck engines and boilers and ductwork are all gone!

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

That's just beyond AMAZING Jeff, looks like the City is moving forward to salvage all the high dollar good ol U.S. Steel, and any metals they can find!

I see by the dates on this guy's photos, that all the Multi-fuel truck engines and boilers and ductwork are all gone!

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks for the memories of what was. Imagine if the walls could talk. I'd be listening

See you in the future as I write about our past
        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Thanks for the memories of what was. Imagine if the walls could talk. I'd be listening

See you in the future as I write about our past
          sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Thanks for finding that, Jeff.

What I wanna know is what ARE all those balconies for in bldg 78??? He says that the corridor is a "hoistway" and I can understand that. I wanna know the purpose of the myriad porches jutting out from either side at various levels.[:I]

All in all - SAD images[V] Like a requiem for American Industry.

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks for finding that, Jeff.

What I wanna know is what ARE all those balconies for in bldg 78??? He says that the corridor is a "hoistway" and I can understand that. I wanna know the purpose of the myriad porches jutting out from either side at various levels.[:I]

All in all - SAD images[V] Like a requiem for American Industry.

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I think those were loading points for materials on the way to the line. The hoists would raise the cargo up to each floor on their way.

Comment

I think those were loading points for materials on the way to the line. The hoists would raise the cargo up to each floor on their way.

Comment

Note the blue/green and orange paint on some of the walls in many of the pictures. Part of Studebaker's big cleanup soon after Sherwood Egbert became President and had the plant cleaned up and painted using old automotive paint. A film I have of Egbert explaining the plant cleanup (and renovation of the Administration Building lobby)in 1961-1962 talks about having employees using downtime to paint the interior of many of the factory buildings, and showing these colors. High hopes dashed 40+ years ago.

Studedude1961
                    --1963 Cruiser

Comment

Note the blue/green and orange paint on some of the walls in many of the pictures. Part of Studebaker's big cleanup soon after Sherwood Egbert became President and had the plant cleaned up and painted using old automotive paint. A film I have of Egbert explaining the plant cleanup (and renovation of the Administration Building lobby)in 1961-1962 talks about having employees using downtime to paint the interior of many of the factory buildings, and showing these colors. High hopes dashed 40+ years ago.

Studedude1961
                      --1963 Cruiser

Comment

Working...
                      X