50 mostly in primer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 mostly in primer

Got all but the front valance down to bare metal and in primer. Working the right rear fender and quarter. Trunk lid edge also in process. You may note the "bomb sight" hood ornament. Why they didn't use this instead of the crazy chrome and plastic original ( mine was broke so don't yell) is beyond me. I'm going to make an insert for the indentation in the hood and fasten the ornament to it so in future someone can switch it back. It will be mostly painted car color with just the turbine part in chrome. Still unsure about the eyebrows. To my eye they don't seem to add much to the look and I know they are supposed to be propeller blades but ??????????????????
    George

Cool car. What color is it going to be?

Comment

Makes me miss my 50 Commander starlight. Bought it from the son of the original owner.
      RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
      4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
      5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Bill
        It's going to be blue but not the original. Something more the turquoise -ish but not too bright if that makes sense. Also want to try and use LEDs to light up the fender spears maybe as front turn signals.

Comment

Working...
        X