radio repair shop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radio repair shop?

Does anyone know of a radio repair shop that is known to do good work? I purchased a wonder bar radio for my 58 President and it needs to be cleaned up before I install it. Would also like to know who does the white push buttons over.
    Last edited by mnmfive; 09-30-2015, 05:37 AM.
    Jim Rostron

RadioRoy repairs them, I'm sure He'll be along.
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Contact Terry Dewick in Knoxville, Tenn.........amazing work and skill!!
      Originally posted by mnmfive View Post
      Does anyone know of a radio repair shop that is known to do good work? I purchased a wonder bar radio for my 58 President and it needs to be cleaned up before I install it. Would also like to know who does the white push buttons over.

Comment

Yes, try Radio Roy...he's legit!
        Lou Van Anne
        62 Champ
        64 R2 GT Hawk
        79 Avanti II

Comment

Thanks for the recommendations, gentlemen, but I don't repair printed circuit board technology. That is a choice I made 45 years ago, when I was actually repairing that stuff for a living.

I prefer to replace the old printed circuit boards in these radios with new technology boards. Everything looks the same from the operator's perspective, it looks completely stock, but the radio works and sounds better and gets FM stereo.

The only old technology I repair is the hard wired tube stuff - before they went to printed circuit boards. With those radios, you get a choice of original technology repair or conversion to new technology. From a Studebaker perspective, that is 1957 and older.

For 1958 and newer, I always recommend an upgrade. I've upgraded these Studebaker signal seekers before, and now the upgrade technology is even better.
          Last edited by RadioRoy; 11-22-2015, 03:48 PM.
          RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
          4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
          5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

What is the cost for a 1957 golden hawk radio
            Pdskinner1961@gmail.com

Comment

I will do repairs to the original printed circuit boards in Studebaker Delco radios. If you are interested, please send me a PM with your contact information. Bud

Comment

Bud
                Please email me at pdskinner1961@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
                  Thanks for the recommendations, gentlemen, but I don't repair printed circuit board technology. That is a choice I made 45 years ago, when I was actually repairing that stuff for a living.

I prefer to replace the old printed circuit boards in these radios with new technology boards. Everything looks the same from the operator's perspective, it looks completely stock, but the radio works and sounds better and gets FM stereo.

The only old technology I repair is the hard wired tube stuff - before they went to printed circuit boards. With those radios, you get a choice of original technology repair or conversion to new technology. From a Studebaker perspective, that is 1957 and older.

For 1958 and newer, I always recommend an upgrade. I've upgraded these Studebaker signal seekers before, and now the upgrade technology is even better.
                  Good Grief Roy...Here I am, sitting here thinking I'm kinda "up to date" for a 71 year-old...until I read your post. Geez...I was thinking printed circuit boards was the "NEW" technology.
                  John Clary
                  Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

John,

The new boards are multilayer, very densely populated, and full of surface mount components.

The PC boards in our old radios are single layer, usually one sided, and were basically repairable - back in the day. After serving in our cars for 60 years, though, they get brittle and develop micro cracks, and the traces start to peel off the boards. Many folks still repair them, but I do not have the patience/talent/energy/drive/interest to do so. I like the things I repair to stay repaired.
                    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

RadioRoy
                      How does one get ahold of you, I have a radio out of a 50 I would like to talk to you about.
                      Jerry Kurtz York Pa

Comment

1956 radii

Originally posted by Bud View Post
                        I will do repairs to the original printed circuit boards in Studebaker Delco radios. If you are interested, please send me a PM with your contact information. Bud
                        Can you fix my radio and about what cost?
                        Thanks
                        Pauo

Comment

Originally posted by Bud View Post

Email me at pdskinner1961@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                          X