what is it X2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is it X2?

What are these? #1 is a small part found on the floor of the shop, it looks like a wire plugs into one end and the other end pushes in and out for about 1/8". #2 is a black plastic box found when the dash was removed from a 1935 Dictator that had been re-wired by a previous owner who apparently used a "fits" all harness as it has about twice the wire needed. 4 screws are in the bottom of box but when removed, the top does not come off. Wiring will be returned to origianl diagram. Ken, Deltaville, Va
    Attached Files

The box might be a 6V to 12V converter so the PO could use 12V neg ground accessories. I had something like that on my '32 Studebaker except I built it myself. Requires many extra wires in order to isolate 12v negative ground accessories from the body/frame.

Comment

The top item looks like the anti creep throttle switch on early 50's cars with the Detroit Gear transmission. But broken, there should be more threads.
      Bez Auto Alchemy
      573-318-8948
      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
        The top item looks like the anti creep throttle switch on early 50's cars with the Detroit Gear transmission. But broken, there should be more threads.
        Agreed, Brad. If you blow up the photo and look at the threads carefully, you can see that they have indeed been broken off. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I'm guessing the black box is an electronic turn signal converter.
          Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Working...
          X