Studebaker tow truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker tow truck

I just found this photo of my Dad and the new 1964 Studebaker tow truck.We drove the truck from South Bend to the family dealership in West View,(Pittsburgh)PA. It was then driven to Tennessee to have the Holmes body installed.Originally red and white it was painted orange when it needed new fenders and other rust repairs.It was in service until 1983 and was sold when he retired.

Bob Langer
    63 Avanti
    Glenshaw,PA

Bob Langer
    Glenshaw,PA

Nice picture. Thanks for posting it.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Nice picture. Thanks for posting it.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Great photo... thanks for posting it! Too bad it wasn't current.[]

<h5>Mark
        '57 Transtar
        3E-6/7-122
        </h5>

Mark Hayden
        '66 Commander

Comment

Great photo... thanks for posting it! Too bad it wasn't current.[]

<h5>Mark
          '57 Transtar
          3E-6/7-122
          </h5>

Mark Hayden
          '66 Commander

Comment

Nice photo indeed, Bob. Thanks for posting.
            1983 wasn't all that long ago; do you know if the truck survives? BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Nice photo indeed, Bob. Thanks for posting.
              1983 wasn't all that long ago; do you know if the truck survives? BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Amazing Bob!,
                A couple years ago I bought something on ebay (Stude literature probably) from a lady who mentioned she had some papers from Langer Bros. She didn't think anyone would bid on them, so she offered to send them to me IF I promised not to sell them for profit. I assured her I would not, but might pass them on if someone with a vested interest in them should appear. So, has that time come?
                This is a just a small stack, maybe 1/4", of assorted items, mostly it looks like monthly inventory sheets, some correspondence from the factory and from their bank, stuff like that. Dates run from '59 to '65. Lots of Stude and Jeep serial numbers listed, and original purchaser's name in some cases.

Dwain G.
                Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Amazing Bob!,
                  A couple years ago I bought something on ebay (Stude literature probably) from a lady who mentioned she had some papers from Langer Bros. She didn't think anyone would bid on them, so she offered to send them to me IF I promised not to sell them for profit. I assured her I would not, but might pass them on if someone with a vested interest in them should appear. So, has that time come?
                  This is a just a small stack, maybe 1/4", of assorted items, mostly it looks like monthly inventory sheets, some correspondence from the factory and from their bank, stuff like that. Dates run from '59 to '65. Lots of Stude and Jeep serial numbers listed, and original purchaser's name in some cases.

Dwain G.
                  Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

I have a 62 1 Ton with a manley winch but i think that someone put it together as i can see where the back end of the frame was cut off with a torch.

Comment

I have a 62 1 Ton with a manley winch but i think that someone put it together as i can see where the back end of the frame was cut off with a torch.

Comment

Dwain and Bob,
                        If you two get together or the papers you are talking about get to Bob that would be a great story for Turning Wheels and or the forum. Looking forward to hearing more on the subject.
                        Thank you for posting the picture.

Gary Sanders
                        Nixa, MO
                        President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                        Gary Sanders
                        Nixa, MO

Comment

Dwain and Bob,
                          If you two get together or the papers you are talking about get to Bob that would be a great story for Turning Wheels and or the forum. Looking forward to hearing more on the subject.
                          Thank you for posting the picture.

Gary Sanders
                          Nixa, MO
                          President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                          Gary Sanders
                          Nixa, MO

Comment

That is such a cool old picture. Your dad sure picked a cool truck. [8D] Looks to have some options to it also.

Gordon

Comment

That is such a cool old picture. Your dad sure picked a cool truck. [8D] Looks to have some options to it also.

Gordon

Comment

Working...
                              X