53 vent windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 53 vent windows

My hardtop vents are in decent shape but not good enough for the finished project. Has anyone had experience with a Stude vendor who might be able to restore vent windows?

Are you calling a hardtop a K body ?

Comment

Assuming you are correctly identifying your '53 as a hardtop K model, and your vent windows as those at the front of the doors, there's no reason why you can't remove them per the shop manual, disassemble, remove the glass, send the frames for chroming, purchase the necessary channel and "L" whiskers from SI, rivet them back together, install new glass and screw them back in place. It's what any Stude vendor or glass shop would do if you wanted to pay the difference.
      I'm sure there are many restoration shops in the Pasadena area who are willing to please you for a fee. It is neither rocket science nor peculiar to Studebaker.
      Last edited by rockne10; 09-21-2015, 08:58 PM.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

No one has offered such a Service YET that I know of, except as a part of a full high $$$$ restoration job.

That may be as Brad made pretty clear, because owners usually do time consuming, tedious little tasks like that themselves due to the outrageous cost to do otherwise.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Vent windows

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          No one has offered such a Service YET that I know of, except as a part of a full high $$$$ restoration job.

That may be as Brad made pretty clear, because owners usually do time consuming, tedious little tasks like that themselves due to the outrageous cost to do otherwise.
          I can do the plating & sell you the seals & necessary parts, but do not do the assembly- 2 bizy.

Comment

Thanks. I can swing it just thought someone might offer it up as a service.

Comment

Now that I'm retired, if I weren't 2800 miles away...
              This is something I had never done before until I did my own. Just think it through and take your time. You will probably do a more painstaking job than someone you paid to do it.
              Brad Johnson,
              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
              X