Stan's 55 Champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stan's 55 Champion

As I told in the thread "Cruiser Foray", I went yesterday to look at a '63 Cruiser that's for sale here in Calif..
    The seller had bought the car to fix up as he's been a Stude fan since owning several starting in the late 50s. He'd been on a quest to find a '49 Starlight Coupe (I think that was the first model of Stude he'd owned) and ended up with the Cruiser since it was nearby and was a Studebaker.
    He hadn't done much more than to get the Cruiser running when a friend or relative (I can't remember which) told him of this 55 Champion that was available. One look and Stan forgot about the Cruiser and started in on the Champion. With alot of elbow grease and some cosmetics, Stan's got himself a nice-looking, comfortable driver in this 1955 16G6-W4 sedan. She's right purdy, I thought!

My old, low-res camera flatters the old gal, but not much. She pretty much looks good on her own. Stan's justifiably proud and content to have a nice cruizin' Stude to impress the folks around Oakdale and points beyond.

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Wow what a Beautiful Car

Mabel 1949 Champion
    1957 Silverhawk
    1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    1955 President State
    Fresno,Ca

Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk