78 Avanti coolant recovery tank sought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 78 Avanti coolant recovery tank sought

I am trying to find out where I can get a coolant recovery tank for my 78 Avanti II. I would prefer a new one but a good clean used one would be ok too. I went to Advance Auto but they had no idea of where to look on their computer. I'm wondering if it is a 78 Chevrolet part or something that if I knew what to ask for, I could get it in a parts store.
    P.S. I also need the cap.
    Dave
    Avantidave
    1978 Avanti II

It's a generic aftermarket tank. Your local flaps, Rock Auto, JC Whitney, I even saw one online at Jegs.
    JS
    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Originally posted by LarkTruck View Post
      It's a generic aftermarket tank. Your local flaps, Rock Auto, JC Whitney, I even saw one online at Jegs.
      JS
      Correct, It should even fit in the OEM bracket but comes with a new one. Both my 83 and 74 had these.

Bob

Comment

Does anyone have photos of their engine compartment? A previous owner put the battery in the trunk and it looks like they added a washer fluid tank where the battery used to be. The coolant overflow tank is on the opposite side of the radiator but it looks like they stuck a washer fluid tank in it's place. Wondering how it should be.

dave
        Avantidave
        1978 Avanti II

Comment

Originally posted by davette59 View Post
          Wondering how it should be.
          It's an Avanti II. There are no rules.

Comment

Cool Matthew, now I don't feel so badly for modifying my 1970 II to how I want it.
            Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzard View Post

Cool Matthew, now I don't feel so badly for modifying my 1970 II to how I want it.
              Bill
              Modify an Avanti II, How disrespectful. I would never!!! Well!! maybe once but I felt bad. Hope the Gods of rusty hog troughs will forgive me.

Comment

Actually it's Nate Altmans' personal car from San Diego so no rust whatsoever on a 33,000 original. He apparently kept it there (at Bob Brown Motors for display and sales purposes) when he visited his daughter. I swapped out the automatic with a Doug Nash 5 speed among numerous other things. Hopefully on the road next year.
                Bill

Comment

Here are two pics of my 76's engine bay. I believe Dan Booth and SI both have the coolant recovery tanks.
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
                  X