first of studebaker dealer signs done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first of studebaker dealer signs done

The first of the Studebaker dealer repo signs are finished. Double sided 32" heavy 12 gauge steel just like factory. Epoxy primer and painted with base clear and buffed before decal installed so this can be mounted outside for years and looks almost like porcelain. Not like cheap China built thin tin repo's that bends with your fingers. Made in the USA. Thinking $350. plus shipping.
    Attached Files

WOW! That's sweet! (and big!)

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Sounds good, and looks Great, but unless you can get the Mfg. costs down more, it's a hard sell at over $100.00 for most Club Members (75% CASO).

I guess we need to remember that "Made in USA" in Today's World is NOT cheap!
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

If they are "...just like factory", they would be 42" not "32"".
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Studegary I know that but then you run into shipping problems. I was talking about the thickness of the metal. AS far as finding a way to get them under $100 the cost of metal,paint, decal and labor to build the sign runs more then that. These are a heavy duty sign not a thin one sided China repo.

Comment

I would have like a sign that is not already available anywhere as a reproduction. Hanging on the wall they will all look pretty much the same.
            Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
            Fort Worth, TX

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
              If they are "...just like factory", they would be 42" not "32"".
              The 32 in ones were the red type .
              sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

swvalcon, that looks like good quality, but you'll probably have a hard time getting that much money for a sign that's already reproduced and readily available, regardless of how well it's made.

Originally posted by Silverplate View Post
                Hanging on the wall they will all look pretty much the same.
                Agreed! Mr. Quinn supplied the artwork, and I printed this 40" sign at work on a sheet of corrugated plastic. It was printed on a UV-cured flatbed printer at 1000 dpi and then laminated with a UV protection laminate. It'll last for years in the sun. I mounted it on the front of the local Stude shop; nobody seems to care that it isn't metal.

BTW, I promised RQ that I wouldn't make any to sell. He can supply them on various substrates if you want a printed version, though.

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
                  The 32 in ones were the red type .
                  By "red type", do you mean something different from what was pictured in post #1? I am thinking of the type that is sort of reddish/brown,
                  IIRC, the one pictured is colored the same as the one that I sold you and that was 42". Am I correct on that?
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
                    the first of the studebaker dealer repo signs are finished. Double sided 32" heavy 12 gauge steel just like factory. Epoxy primer and painted with base clear and buffed before decal installed so this can be mounted outside for years and looks almost like porcelain. Not like cheap china built thin tin repo's that bends with your fingers. Made in the usa. Thinking $350. Plus shipping.
                    i'm interested...........keep me posted

Comment

The sign image posted by Matthew is from 1916 and is a wagon wheel. I have over a dozen different original signs that I have created authentic graphics for that can be made in the original size or larger or smaller as needed. Price done on foam board in the $100 to $150 range.
                      Richard Quinn
                      Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                        By "red type", do you mean something different from what was pictured in post #1? I am thinking of the type that is sort of reddish/brown,
                        IIRC, the one pictured is colored the same as the one that I sold you and that was 42". Am I correct on that?
                        Ya Gary , its an earlier one that is a redish color and those are smaller I think.
                        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Working...
                        X