Nice Car Sir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Car Sir

While I had my Avanti out for a little drive yesterday I was stopped by a two different young persons who both said "Nice car sir"....made me feel good, but the "sir" part made me feel old....oh well, might as well admit it!
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

Sounds like they had good parents.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I run into that now and again. But then, I AM OLD!
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

LOL. At last years Pure Stocks, in the staging lanes with 130 cars a little boy came up to me and said. "Your's is my favorite car! ..... and my daddy says you're an idiot for racing a nice old car like that."
        Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

And "kids say the funniest things". They have no boundaries at that age. Priceless.
          Ed Sallia
          Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

I used to say "my father is sir, I am John" but after 50, that gets harder to pull off!

Comment

I get "even" by calling people much younger then me sir. The look of confusion is priceless.

Comment

I teach at a junior college with a mix of young people as well as non-traditional (i.e. older) students. As their instructor I expect them to refer to me in a respectful manner, but likewise I also refer to them as "sir" and "ma'am". I'm not sure if the younger students have ever been shown that kind of respect before, but it certainly seems to work. I have wonderful relations with nearly all of them.
                Mike Davis
                1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

When my older son (now 42) was on his hight school varsity team, his coach addressed each of his players as "Mr". I was really impressed with that. However, as the season progressed, he got down to first names as he new the kids better. To the players, he was always called coach, sometimes followed by his last name.
                  At the end of the season, he held a covered dish dinner in the high school cafeteria for the players and their families. It was a great atmosphere.
                  Rog
                  '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                  Smithtown,NY
                  Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Proper respect to the car and its distinguished driver! I like it!
                    Pat Dilling
                    Olivehurst, CA
                    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

The "respect to the car part may be correct" but I have serious doubts about the "distinguished driver" part.
                      Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
                      Proper respect to the car and its distinguished driver! I like it!
                      Lou Van Anne
                      62 Champ
                      64 R2 GT Hawk
                      79 Avanti II

Comment

Working...
                      X