Avanti Logo Plastic Disc Availability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti Logo Plastic Disc Availability

Several years back I purchased a couple of these black plastic discs from a vendor. I would like to find four more to use as wheel centers on my 74 Avanti but I can't find them in any of the vendors catalogs. If anyone knows of their availability, let me know.

Sorry about the poor picture quality but they look like this. OD is about 2" or so.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1635.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	1748571

Thanks, Bob

I believe these were made by Autosport and the owner died and his son sold the remaining stock to SI according to him.

Robert Kapteyn

Comment

Bob, I have a sheet of 4 that I can send you - will have to check the dia. but I think they are around 2". PM me with your current mailing address. I doubt that I have retained it. Bill

Just checked dia. They are 1 3/4", not 2". They are still adhered to the backing sheet, but I don't think I would trust the adhesive after all this time.
      Last edited by WCP; 09-14-2015, 01:43 PM. Reason: More information

Comment

Sweetolbob, I have 4 that I always kept on my Mini-Lite looking Shelby wheels that we ran on the Avanti, but took 'em off when I put the wheels back on the Ford. Mine are not the best in the world, so I too would like to have at least 4 more too. Please let us know if you score ! (It sure made the Shelby and Mustang club guys mad when they would spot them on our car with Avanti centers on them, ha !)

Comment

I checked with S.I. in St. Louis and they are out of them and have no current vendor that makes them.
          sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by WCP View Post
            Bob, I have a sheet of 4 that I can send you - will have to check the dia. but I think they are around 2". PM me with your current mailing address. I doubt that I have retained it. Bill

Just checked dia. They are 1 3/4", not 2". They are still adhered to the backing sheet, but I don't think I would trust the adhesive after all this time.
            Bill PM sent, I owe you one, Bob

Comment

Originally posted by plwindish View Post
              I checked with S.I. in St. Louis and they are out of them and have no current vendor that makes them.
              I was afraid of that when I couldn't find any listed. Bill may have bailed me out again. Thanks for confirming the status so I'll spend the search time on buffing the paint instead. Bob

Comment

Working...
              X