Back To The 50's................... St. Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back To The 50's................... St. Paul

Back To The 50's, St. Paul. This show has over 10,000 cars annually. Try a Google search for more details. You're bound to see some Studes and other "Orphans".

BRAD

I attended the show earlier this year with my 60 Hawk. It was the only finned Hawk there! There was supposed to be a GT Hawk but I never could find it. I did see 1 Avanti and a few Larks but most of the Stude's I saw were pre-war cars that had been hot rodded.
    My Hawk did attract a lot of attention and questions galore! Don't know how many times I had to "politely correct" the misconceptions people had about the 289 engine. LOL!
    It's a great show and I highly recommend that everyone should go at least once.

Mr Mike

Comment

I attended the show earlier this year with my 60 Hawk. It was the only finned Hawk there! There was supposed to be a GT Hawk but I never could find it. I did see 1 Avanti and a few Larks but most of the Stude's I saw were pre-war cars that had been hot rodded.
      My Hawk did attract a lot of attention and questions galore! Don't know how many times I had to "politely correct" the misconceptions people had about the 289 engine. LOL!
      It's a great show and I highly recommend that everyone should go at least once.

Mr Mike

Comment

It is a great weekend show put on by the Minnesota Street Rod Association (www.msra.com). Because it's all over the gigantic MN state fairgrounds with lots of streets, trees and such, plus constant cruising, it's near impossible to see every vehicle. After the show, the msra includes a recap of the attendees by marque in their Linechaser newsletter. I think there were in excess of 140 Studebakers this year. They have a huge vendor area all weekend plus a big swap meet on Sunday but finding Stude parts there is a real challenge. It's mostly street rods but as was noted, the stockers are just as welcomed and garner a fair share of lookers, praise and questions.

BShaw,Webmaster

60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
        Woodbury, Minnesota
        sigpic
        Bob Shaw
        Rush City, Minnesota
        1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
        "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

It is a great weekend show put on by the Minnesota Street Rod Association (www.msra.com). Because it's all over the gigantic MN state fairgrounds with lots of streets, trees and such, plus constant cruising, it's near impossible to see every vehicle. After the show, the msra includes a recap of the attendees by marque in their Linechaser newsletter. I think there were in excess of 140 Studebakers this year. They have a huge vendor area all weekend plus a big swap meet on Sunday but finding Stude parts there is a real challenge. It's mostly street rods but as was noted, the stockers are just as welcomed and garner a fair share of lookers, praise and questions.

BShaw,Webmaster

60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
          Woodbury, Minnesota
          sigpic
          Bob Shaw
          Rush City, Minnesota
          1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
          "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

How could you possibly miss another Hawk with only 10,000 cars there? Seriously it sounds like a fun event.

1952 Champion Starlight since October,1971. 1962 Daytona
            since May, 2007.Searcy,Arkansas
            "In the heart of Arkansas."
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

How could you possibly miss another Hawk with only 10,000 cars there? Seriously it sounds like a fun event.

1952 Champion Starlight since October,1971. 1962 Daytona
              since May, 2007.Searcy,Arkansas
              "In the heart of Arkansas."
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
              X