Clean up time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clean up time

Dick's new clubhouse has made me realize what a mess I have in my shed. I decided to get some Christmas money and loaded up most of the old batteries that I had laying around. Ended up with 31 regular six and 12 volt ones, 6 large tractor ones and two motorcycle ones. I took them to club member Perk Walls's recycling yard and got $5.00, $6.00 and $.50 each respectively ($192.00 total). Also found 17 old starters and generators (non Studes) that had come off of various cars, trucks and tractors and delivered them to a friend who has a starter and alternator repair business. I could have sold them to Perk at $.12 a pound, but since Jeff has done me a couple of favors I gave them to him. Here is what I hauled off.

As the following pictures show, I still have a long ways to go. [:0]

Thanks for the pic....Now maybe my wife will stop complaining about my "mess"

1961 Hawk 4BC,4-SPEED,TT

Lewisville,NC
    1961 Hawk ...4-Speed;4bc;Twin Traction

Ken Byrd
    Lewisville,NC

Comment

Thanks for the pic....Now maybe my wife will stop complaining about my "mess"

1961 Hawk 4BC,4-SPEED,TT

Lewisville,NC
      1961 Hawk ...4-Speed;4bc;Twin Traction

Ken Byrd
      Lewisville,NC

Comment

I received notice a couple weeks ago from Interstate Battery that effective immediately, the core charge would be $12 on a standard (12v) battery and $30 on a "commercial" (still 12v).

55 Commander
        58 Transtar
        62 GT Hawk
        66 Cruiser

Comment

I received notice a couple weeks ago from Interstate Battery that effective immediately, the core charge would be $12 on a standard (12v) battery and $30 on a "commercial" (still 12v).

55 Commander
          58 Transtar
          62 GT Hawk
          66 Cruiser

Comment

I held back about 6 batteries so that I would have cores when I need to replace others.

Comment

I held back about 6 batteries so that I would have cores when I need to replace others.

Comment

From the title of this thread, I thought it meant you were going to take a shower and shave the beard off. [}] [)]

I've got my fair share of unorganized crap, but you've got me beat by a mile, Gary. Congratulations! [:X].

Can anybody top Gary's "collection" [?]

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Comment

From the title of this thread, I thought it meant you were going to take a shower and shave the beard off. [}] [)]

I've got my fair share of unorganized crap, but you've got me beat by a mile, Gary. Congratulations! [:X].

Can anybody top Gary's "collection" [?]

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50
                    All those Stude trucks and you're hauling with........[:0]
                    Bob,

This property is 30 miles from my house. The only Stude I currently have at home is the '62 GT. From a logistics standpoint the only viable option is to pull the trailer from home or to drive my F350 and do a round trip.

Gary

P.S. Anyone see anything they need?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50
                      All those Stude trucks and you're hauling with........[:0]
                      Bob,

This property is 30 miles from my house. The only Stude I currently have at home is the '62 GT. From a logistics standpoint the only viable option is to pull the trailer from home or to drive my F350 and do a round trip.

Gary

P.S. Anyone see anything they need?

Comment

A couple of more pictures (remember this is just the front half of the left side [B)]). This is looking in the door.

Looking back over the 2000 board feet of lumber stacked in the middle.

Comment

A couple of more pictures (remember this is just the front half of the left side [B)]). This is looking in the door.

Looking back over the 2000 board feet of lumber stacked in the middle.

Comment

I'm feeling much better now, Gary. Thanks!

Brad Johnson
                            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                            Brad Johnson,
                            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I'm feeling much better now, Gary. Thanks!

Brad Johnson
                              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                              Brad Johnson,
                              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
                              X