Secret Serial Number!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secret Serial Number!

Are Studebaker Avanti frames stamped with a 'Secret Serial Number' as the Hawk and Lark frames were?....YES!...Find out where to look for this 'Secret Stamp' today, on the AOAI Forum!

This would only apply to those Studebaker Avantis that are still on their original frame.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I have read some posts on the AOAI Forum. For this particular topic/thread, I have some input about drum brake Avantis. I tried to register on the AOAI Forum, so that I could contribute on this topic and others. After numerous unsuccessful attempts at registering, I gave up.

EDIT: Now the AOAI Forum recognizes me, but won't let me post.
      EDIT II: When I tried to do the validation of registration, it said that I already had. It then said that I have to wait for an administrator to accept me.

Maybe I will just go back to ignoring the AOAI Forum.
      Last edited by studegary; 09-12-2015, 10:54 AM.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
        This would only apply to those Studebaker Avantis that are still on their original frame.
        studegary...Please re-read.."Studebaker Avanti frames"!

Comment

I have read some posts on the AOAI Forum. For this particular topic/thread, I have some input about drum brake Avantis. I tried to register on the AOAI Forum, so that I could contribute on this topic and others. After numerous unsuccessful attempts at registering, I gave up.

EDIT II: When I tried to do the validation of registration, it said that I already had. It then said that I have to wait for an administrator to accept me.

studegary.....Did you say the magic word?

Comment

Gary that would be an excellent idea.........as Clint would say........those there are legends in their own minds:-)

Comment

I'm quite sure he has more pressing things to concern himself with:-)
              Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
              studegary.....Did you say the magic word?

Comment

Posted by studegary
                Keep trying Gary, You are way to valuable a resource to not be part of the AOAI. If they'll let me in you should have easy sailing. If this keeps happening possibly we members can help in some way.

Bob

Comment

Gary, I just approved your registration on the AOAI forum, and you probably have received a confirmation email from the forum board system.
                  I noticed that you registered on the forum at 1:20 p.m. today (Saturday) and I just got home after 6 p.m. and shortly later found your forum registration waiting to be approved. You may now create new topics and reply to existing topics on the forum.

Like the SDC forum, an administrator (That would be me) has to manually approve all forum registrations, which does a great job of keeping the spammers and Nigerian scammers off of our forum. We have other administrators, but I'm the only one to reliably keep order on the forum.
                  We're all volunteers in this association, both SDC and AOAI, and I am not online 24/7.... much as some may think. Please be kind in your posts and comments about the AOAI and those members who keep our forum and website online.

I hope you check in on our AOAI forum from time to time. We value your input and advice, and everyone else's input and advice too. Just please be patient if you requesting help with our forum or website. Me and everyone else is volunteering our time to keep this service active and free of spam and scammers for all to enjoy.

Lew

Lew Schucart
                  Editor, Avanti Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by Hawklover View Post
                    I'm quite sure he has more pressing things to concern himself with:-)
                    Yes... like driving my Avanti on International Drive your Studebaker Day!! And also making progress on Lark body panels.
                    Lew Schucart
                    Editor, Avanti Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                      Are Studebaker Avanti frames stamped with a 'Secret Serial Number' as the Hawk and Lark frames were?....YES!...Find out where to look for this 'Secret Stamp' today, on the AOAI Forum!
                      Where exactly? All I found is a definite NO secret serial number on Avantis.
                      Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Originally posted by Dwain G. View Post
                        I have a '63 Avanti, R-1348.........the serial number is "lightly " stamped into the rear cross member where the top of the rear shocks mount.My car is completely rust free, and therefore one can see the stamping. As lightly as the stamping is, I'd expect that it would be very difficult to see on a car with a rusty frame.
                        John

Comment

Originally posted by Dwain G. View Post
                          Dwain,.....Look under the heading "Avanti with all drum brakes" in the '63-'64 Avanti section.

(sorry,....I should have explained that! )

Comment

JLB,...Another member asked this on the AOAI FORUM.....Is the number you see definitely 63R1348,.... or some other number....like, for example, a Studebaker part number?

Comment

Thank you Lew. I wasn't trying to be critical of I didn't know who. I was mostly frustrated in many attempts to create an account and not having it go through. The one that you cited is when I finally got through.
                              Since I was on this SDC Forum from about the beginning, I may not have had to go through this procedure (or I don't remember after years).
                              I did now receive the e-mail from you. I will try to post on the AOAI Forum later.
                              I have only owned three new and used Avantis, but I have worked on MANY.
                              Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Working...
                              X