1963 GT Hawk Powershift console

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1963 GT Hawk Powershift console

Does anyone out there happen to have an extra 1963 GT Hawk Powershift console? I just need the small shifter console not the between the seat one.
    Last edited by whitehawk759; 09-09-2015, 03:10 PM.
    Don Watson
    61 Hawk

If it's like my 64 there's not a console just a chrome cover with the shift points.

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
      If it's like my 64 there's not a console just a chrome cover with the shift points.
      The shifter does not mount directly to the floor, but to a fiberglass piece bolted to the floor, in front of the console between the seats. I believe that is what he wants.
      Bez Auto Alchemy
      573-318-8948
      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

You might want to try Studebaker International. I remember the console being listed in their catalog a few year back.

Comment

Originally posted by 61Lark View Post
          You might want to try Studebaker International. I remember the console being listed in their catalog a few year back.
          I looked and they don't list any thing like that now. But the Fiberglass thingy is what I need.
          Don Watson
          61 Hawk

Comment

Its fiberglass. Easier to make than buy.

Comment

Originally posted by whitehawk759 View Post
              I looked and they don't list any thing like that now. But the Fiberglass thingy is what I need.
              What you are looking for is a 1560462 auto shifter to floor pan housing. You might try SI, some items they only have one or two of do not always make it into the catalog.
              Or try Jon Myer or Dave Thibeault.
              JS
              I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

If that"s what you need wouldn't be that hard to build out of sheet metal and then bolt or rivet to the floor. It gets covered up with carpet anyway so as long as it's close no one would know.

Comment

Originally posted by LarkTruck View Post
                  What you are looking for is a 1560462 auto shifter to floor pan housing. You might try SI, some items they only have one or two of do not always make it into the catalog.
                  Or try Jon Myer or Dave Thibeault.
                  JS
                  Thanks, that's the kind of info I need. I have thought about making something up, but I would like something that people would recognize as keeping it within the family.
                  Don Watson
                  61 Hawk

Comment

I have one. I bought it years ago for a project and never used it. Do you need the shifter as well or just the fiberglass tower/housing?
                    james r pepper

Comment

James, I just need the fiberglass tower/housing. I will PM you.
                      Don Watson
                      61 Hawk

Comment

Working...
                      X