Impressed by young man at the car show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impressed by young man at the car show

Dad and I went to the local Hot Rod / Custom / Classic show on Saturday. It is your typical local show with a broad mix of everything from a bone stock A model to some pretty radical customs. We took Dads 50 starlight. As soon as we got backed into a parking space, a young guy (about 13 or so) was coming toward us in a hurry. He knew it was a studebaker and had a bunch of questions. As we talked, he told us about a 50 model sedan he was trying to get for his first car. He was really excited about the suicide doors on his potential new car. I told him about the club and the web site and wished him luck. Maybe we will have a new member in a couple years.
    Wayne
    "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

In a couple of years? Why not now? Is there a lower end age restriction?
    Mark L

Comment

Why watch time passing by.

Comment

Cool beans! BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

My grandson and grand daughter have been card-carrying SDC members since they were three and seven-years-old. My grandson , now eight, has really become interested in math this year. He told his mother that he thought he would like to go into automobile engineering, and maybe he could bring back Studebaker.

Comment

I was at a car show and a younger boy came up to me asking questions about my truck, we talked for about a hour , he later came back and had bought a 4 x6 picture of a m series to give me, we have became friends thru the truck , when I say younger , he is by my guess early 20s, to me at 64 , that is young!
            Randy Wilkin
            1946 M5 Streetrod
            Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Our (soon to be three year old) Grandson has attended two Zone Meets and one International meet so far! You will note the meet registration around his neck.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	2015 Craig in St. Louis.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	164.5 KB
ID:	1700216

Comment

A Hemi-Studebaker ! ! ! Not much beats THAT!

Comment

AND he got to sit in the drivers seat! He also sat in the fire truck and they invited him to ring the bell... things like that will keep a youngster interested.
                  I hope to be able to allow a few kids to sit in my Avanti this Saturday IDYSD! Heck, I even let young and old ladies AND men sit in my Studes for photo ops... they LOVE it! These photos were from last years IDYSD.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8428.jpg
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	1700220 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8419.jpg
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	1700221 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8446.jpg
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	1700222

Comment

When we show our truck, there will always be parents that want to take a picture of their child standing behind the steering wheel.
                    We encourage this, along with other pics of the kids with the truck.
                    ......Hopefully this will prolong the STUDEBAKER LOVE.........................

Comment

We draw the kids in!Click image for larger version

Name:	frishes car show.jpg
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	1700223
                      Randy Wilkin
                      1946 M5 Streetrod
                      Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

Working...
                      X