"The Ladykillers"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Ladykillers"

I just saw a light green '51 two-door in this hilarious Peter Sellers comedy. It really hauls!
    peter lee

The gang used a Packard in this movie as well!
    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Who knew that Obe Wan Kanobi preferred a Packard as a car of choice for the getaway.

Bob Miles
      Tucson AZ

Comment

To all who don't quit understand what the gentelmen above are taking about, they are refering to the movie
        "The Ladykillers"(1955) and not "The Ladykillers"(2004). Two similar plots but different times.

Comment

"Who knew that Obe Wan Kanobi preferred a Packard as a car of choice for the getaway."

I made a similar comment to my 17 year old son this past Saturday as we watched "Lawrence of Arabia."

Comment

Won't be long before you make a comment like that and the kid will say, "Who's Obi Wan Kanobi?"
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
              Won't be long before you make a comment like that and the kid will say, "Who's Obi Wan Kanobi?"
              LOL...since Disney purchased Star Wars that will NEVER happen!
              Andy
              62 GT

Comment

Both Sir Alec Guinness and Peter Sellers had stellar movie careers with many memorable roles, yet are probably best remembered for roles both actors did not care about. Sellers in the Pink Panther series that made him wealthy, and Sir Alec for Obi Wan Kanobi. Go and watch "The Bridge on the River Kwai" and "Dr. Strangelove" to see what I am talking about.

Bob Miles
                Tucson AZ

Comment

I was surprised to see "The Lady Killers" referred to as a Peter Sellers comedy. It was most certainly an Alec Guiness comedy in which Sellers, Herbert Lom and others played supporting roles. Guiness actually had three careers -fist as a stage actor, highly regarded for his various roles in Shakespeare plays, then as movie actor, beginning with the Ealing Studios comedies, an academy award for his starring role in The Bridge on the River Kwai, and finally, after retiring he received a call from some guy named George Lucas, and the rest is history. I highly recommend "Kind Hearts and Coronets" (1949) with Guiness at his best playing eight different characters, "The Captain's Paradise", and the hilarious spy adventure "Our Man in Havana", with Guiness, Ernie Kovacs, and Noel Coward. A little known fact is that Coward did in fact work for British Intelligence during WWII .

My favorite Peter Sellers films are "After the Fox' and "The Bobo", both of which starred him opposite Britt Ekland, who was his wife at the time. And yes, it is true he had a heart attack on his wedding night.
                  Trying to build a 48 Studebaker for the 21st century.
                  See more of my projects at stilettoman.info

Comment

Working...
                  X