Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was someone looking for a 1958 Scotsman wagon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was someone looking for a 1958 Scotsman wagon?

I found one for sale. I don't know how much. I think it's in Illinois.
    There's also a 1965 Daytona. They say it's a 64, but I'm sure it's a 65.
    815-983-0163. It's Collector Car Liquidators.

"Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Looks like that yard that a story was posted here or on the newsgroup a few years back.I would like a wagon but have decided to wait for a running one.

Bob40...have a '53 comm coupe I dont need...solid builder(trade bait)
    50 starlight...parts car
    51 commander 4 door...parts car
    52 commander hardtop...parts car
    53 coupe...parts car
    55 coupe...parts car
    56 hawk...parts car
    60 lark 4 door...parts car
    61 lark 4 door...parts car
    61 lark 2dr sedan...plain green wrapper?
    more trade bait...lol
    Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Looks like that yard that a story was posted here or on the newsgroup a few years back.I would like a wagon but have decided to wait for a running one.

Bob40...have a '53 comm coupe I dont need...solid builder(trade bait)
      50 starlight...parts car
      51 commander 4 door...parts car
      52 commander hardtop...parts car
      53 coupe...parts car
      55 coupe...parts car
      56 hawk...parts car
      60 lark 4 door...parts car
      61 lark 4 door...parts car
      61 lark 2dr sedan...plain green wrapper?
      more trade bait...lol
      Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Looks like a '65 Sports Sedan to me.

Hey Bob, got any parts cars? [)]

Matthew Burnette
        '59 Scotsman
        '63 Daytona
        Hazlehurst, GA

Hey, It's a Drivers' Club!

Comment

Looks like a '65 Sports Sedan to me.

Hey Bob, got any parts cars? [)]

Matthew Burnette
          '59 Scotsman
          '63 Daytona
          Hazlehurst, GA

Hey, It's a Drivers' Club!

Comment

The phone number lists Rockford, IL. They have a website and apparently they need to be rid of the cars ASAP. They apparently have a number of other makes and models on the site as well. LOL, whatever the year the Daytona is, I'd sure like the bucket seats(if they're any good) as they look just like my buckets. Looks like its gonna need a rocker panel job, probably a floor job too the way they weather this direction. The rest of the vehicle doesn't look too bad up top, but I've been wrong before, lol. Anyways, my what I presume to be Daytona buckets are in not so good a shape at the moment and near impossible to find in that pattern, material and color . I think they also had a 60 Lark in that lot too, with broken windows though.

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
            1950 Studebaker 2R5 with 170 turbocharged
            [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00003.jpg?t=1171152673[/img=left]
            [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00009.jpg?t=1171153019[/img=right]
            [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00002.jpg?t=1171153180[/img=left]
            [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]
            1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
            1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
            1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

The phone number lists Rockford, IL. They have a website and apparently they need to be rid of the cars ASAP. They apparently have a number of other makes and models on the site as well. LOL, whatever the year the Daytona is, I'd sure like the bucket seats(if they're any good) as they look just like my buckets. Looks like its gonna need a rocker panel job, probably a floor job too the way they weather this direction. The rest of the vehicle doesn't look too bad up top, but I've been wrong before, lol. Anyways, my what I presume to be Daytona buckets are in not so good a shape at the moment and near impossible to find in that pattern, material and color . I think they also had a 60 Lark in that lot too, with broken windows though.

1950 Studebaker 2R5 with 170 turbocharged
              [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00003.jpg?t=1171152673[/img=left]
              [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00009.jpg?t=1171153019[/img=right]
              [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00002.jpg?t=1171153180[/img=left]
              [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]
              1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
              1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
              1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Along those lines, I've got a lead on an inoperable 1958 Scotsman wagon in the little west central Indiana town of Linden. It's not bad but is too much money at the $1,500 asking because the head is off. [xx(] BP

Update 11/25/07: I finally got a hold of the '58's previous owner. I had not talked to him for awhile and he sold the car this past summer. 'Took it to SB either May or June on my advice and ultimately sold it up there. (It was originally the bluish/green color but had been repainted solid white, in case anyone knows of it now.) He thinks it is still in SB/Mishawaka.

Sorry for the false alarm; he does not live near me and it took awhile to get a hold of him. [)] BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Along those lines, I've got a lead on an inoperable 1958 Scotsman wagon in the little west central Indiana town of Linden. It's not bad but is too much money at the $1,500 asking because the head is off. [xx(] BP

Update 11/25/07: I finally got a hold of the '58's previous owner. I had not talked to him for awhile and he sold the car this past summer. 'Took it to SB either May or June on my advice and ultimately sold it up there. (It was originally the bluish/green color but had been repainted solid white, in case anyone knows of it now.) He thinks it is still in SB/Mishawaka.

Sorry for the false alarm; he does not live near me and it took awhile to get a hold of him. [)] BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bob,

Let me know if you turn up a Stude wagon for me, the horse drawn type that is!

Gary

Comment

Bob,

Let me know if you turn up a Stude wagon for me, the horse drawn type that is!

Gary

Comment

Before I bought my 58 wagon 2 or 3 years ago, I talked to this guy and asked for pics and other info. We never could seem to get in touch after that. I called and called but did not get any response. I was trying to arrange flying in and looking at it in person.

Norm
                        58 Transtar 1 ton dually PU
                        58 2 door wagon
                        Davenport, Fl
                        Norm
                        58 2 door wagon
                        Davenport, Fl

Comment

Before I bought my 58 wagon 2 or 3 years ago, I talked to this guy and asked for pics and other info. We never could seem to get in touch after that. I called and called but did not get any response. I was trying to arrange flying in and looking at it in person.

Norm
                          58 2 door wagon
                          Davenport, Fl
                          Norm
                          58 2 door wagon
                          Davenport, Fl

Comment

Working...
                          X