brake pedal pivot sleeve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake pedal pivot sleeve

Working on the brakes and noticed that one of the brass sleeves inside the pivot hole on the brake pedal has worn through. I haven't seen replacements at any of the vendors web sites. Would these be a standard size available somewhere else, or should I even worry about it?

Gallivan
    57 Golden Hawk
    Golden, CO
    Gallivan
    57 Golden Hawk
    Golden, CO

The bushings show to be available from SASCO for 58 models, but not the '57s. Thing is, I believe the shafts they work on are the same diameter. (Not dead certain about that). You might call Dennis and ask him if the 58 bushing could be made to work on your car (I'm assuming you're working on the 57 in your signature since you didn't specify.[:I]
    Also - if your's has worn THRU the bushing completely, you'll have to worry about how much the shoulder is worn and how long a new bushing would last without solid backing at the point where it wore![}]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I have the same issue here. The 58 and later I believe are plastic so that is not a option. Does anyone have a parts car to see if their bushing is OK? COuld use a good used one. This is the brake pedal brake pivot bushing for a 57 Silver Hawk w/ automatic transmission.
      Thank you!

Wow, someone in this town has something other than a Chevy!!

Comment

Working...
      X