The big almost-daily trivia contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The big almost-daily trivia contest

Can anyone give the Studebaker-Packard stock ticker symbol and nickname? The winner gets the usual recognition and accolades and a kiss from Miss Studebaker 2007 (well, we have to name one first...).
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

(Amex symbol) STB
    (State Bank of Long Island)

Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Scott

Can anyone give the Studebaker-Packard stock ticker symbol and nickname? The winner gets the usual recognition and accolades and a kiss from Miss Studebaker 2007 (well, we have to name one first...).

Deep-N-Hock Acres
    Brooklet, Georgia
    DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
    '37 Coupe Express
    '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
    '61 Hawk (project: Ist Gen Owner - project)
    Mysterious Project Z
    http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

(Amex symbol) STB
      (State Bank of Long Island)

Jeff[8D]

Deep-N-Hock Acres
      Brooklet, Georgia
      DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
      '37 Coupe Express
      '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
      '61 Hawk (project: Ist Gen Owner - project)
      Mysterious Project Z
      http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Comment

Well, that's what the bank's is and they own what's left of Studebaker, but that's not what I was after. You outsmarted me. I'm after the symbol and nickname for Studebaker Packard when it wasn't owned by anyone else.

Can you get that one, Jeff? If so, you'll get double accolades and TWO kisses from Miss Studebaker 2007.
        "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Well, that's what the bank's is and they own what's left of Studebaker, but that's not what I was after. You outsmarted me. I'm after the symbol and nickname for Studebaker Packard when it wasn't owned by anyone else.

Can you get that one, Jeff? If so, you'll get double accolades and TWO kisses from Miss Studebaker 2007.

Comment

I think that the answer depends on the time frame that you are talking about. The stock that I have in my name is Studebaker stock. You specified Studebaker-Packard. On a Nov. 6, 1958 share that I am looking at, Studebaker-Packard Corporation was incorporated under the laws of the state of Michigan. The banks were then The Chase Manhattan Bank and City Bank Farmers Trust Company. My memory is fuzzy on the stock symbol. did it stay the same through the changes in the Corporation? I seem to remember STP.

Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

I think that the answer depends on the time frame that you are talking about. The stock that I have in my name is Studebaker stock. You specified Studebaker-Packard. On a Nov. 6, 1958 share that I am looking at, Studebaker-Packard Corporation was incorporated under the laws of the state of Michigan. The banks were then The Chase Manhattan Bank and City Bank Farmers Trust Company. My memory is fuzzy on the stock symbol. did it stay the same through the changes in the Corporation? I seem to remember STP.

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

The source I have does not show STP as the symbol. It's not something you could guess.

Comment

The source I have does not show STP as the symbol. It's not something you could guess.

Comment

Your source might be 'slightly' in error.
                    Please check it out.
                    I can fill you in on the history of Safety Kleen from day one until their sale to LaidLaw.
                    It is a fascinating story..
                    (I worked for 15 years for the creators of Safety Kleen)
                    Now, if he has said 'SKF', then that is a different story, but there is still no connection between Studebaker and 'SKF'...
                    (except that Studebaker was an SKF customer)...
                    Jeff[8D]

Yep. SK, unless my source had a misprint.

Jeff

Comment

Your source might be 'slightly' in error.
                      Please check it out.
                      I can fill you in on the history of Safety Kleen from day one until their sale to LaidLaw.
                      It is a fascinating story..
                      (I worked for 15 years for the creators of Safety Kleen)
                      Now, if he has said 'SKF', then that is a different story, but there is still no connection between Studebaker and 'SKF'...
                      (except that Studebaker was an SKF customer)...
                      Jeff[8D]

Yep. SK, unless my source had a misprint.

Jeff

Comment

The STP ticker symbol was assigned to STP in 1969 on the American stock exchange.
                        (source
                        http://www.stp.com/history.html

Jeff

Comment

The STP ticker symbol was assigned to STP in 1969 on the American stock exchange.
                          (source
                          http://www.stp.com/history.html

Jeff

Comment

OK, since it looked like they changed symbols I'll give the answer:
                            Symbol: SK
                            Nickname: Study (yes, with a Y)

Comment

OK, since it looked like they changed symbols I'll give the answer:
                              Symbol: SK
                              Nickname: Study (yes, with a Y)

Comment

Working...
                              X